Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero "Captain America" Bootlegger in CXL Cordovan Premier Fit 42

Kunja

Practically Family
For sale is a really sweet Aero Bootlegger in the Captain America style. Made by Julie Leitch. Heavy-Duty Horsehide in a deep Cordovan color, talon zipper and Oliver cotton drill lining.

This jacket is superb but my NorShore is getting all the wear time this year.

Fit is right on at 42 in my opinion, and being the Premier model is a bit slimmer fit in the arms/underarms than a traditional bootlegger. See photos for the measuring tape.

Measurements:
-Shoulder: 18-18.5 inches
-Chest: 21-22 inches
-Arms-straight taped: 25 inches
-Length:26 inches

A few small marks, it has been worn, but overall not even broken in yet.

$600 plus shipping. Jacket is almost 5 pounds.

Thanks for looking, questions welcomed.
Aero-Captain-America-Bootlegger42-1.jpg
Aero-Captain-America-Bootlegger42-2.jpg
Aero-Captain-America-Bootlegger42-3.jpg
Aero-Captain-America-Bootlegger42-4.jpg
Aero-Captain-America-Bootlegger42-5.jpg
Aero-Captain-America-Bootlegger42-6.jpg
Aero-Captain-America-Bootlegger42-11.jpg
Aero-Captain-America-Bootlegger42-14.jpg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Is it just me, or is the kidney panel a trapezoid? Eyeballing, and basing off of the tape measure in the shot, it looks like the right side of it is 7" tall, while the left edge is fully 9" tall. Could be a lens distortion, and I just can't believe that Julie would make a mistake that big, but man does that look off to me.

Is it just me, or is the kidney panel a trapezoid? Eyeballing, and basing off of the tape measure in the shot, it looks like the right side of it is 7" tall, while the left edge is fully 9" tall. Could be a lens distortion, and I just can't believe that Julie would make a mistake that big, but man does that look off to me.
I think that's just a combination of the angle of the photo and the jacket itself...

Kunja

Practically Family
Sorry, its just a camera illusion from a combination of the way the jacket was laying and using a wide angle lens. I just measured the seams on the kidney panel are both 5.5 inches. The jacket does not have any flaws like poor cuts, bad patches of leather etc. Its fantastic. A few more details:

Aero-Captain-America-Bootlegger42-8.jpg

notice one small mark below the right underarm vent
Aero-Captain-America-Bootlegger42-10.jpg

Aero-Captain-America-Bootlegger42-13.jpg

Tiny marks on the front panel. These are the only marks I can find on the jacket.

jgod333

New in Town
Great! Just I am not sure how to proceed. I don't see where I can private message you anywhere on this forum and I am a nub on buying anything on the fedora lounge. How do we close this deal?

Kunja

Practically Family
I think you need to make a few more postings and then you'll be able to PM anyone on the forum.

Click on my username and choose "Start a Conversation". Ive sent you a PM to see if that works.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80