Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Captain America

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was in my office this morning whiling away my office hours when four of my Cubana students came in to discuss their upcoming papers and one noticed this thread on my screen. They were all incredibly impressed when they found out that my leather jacket was made by the same signora who made Captain America's. Sometimes I begin to think that all this time on the FL may not be in vain.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
After reading that interview i checked the inside pocket of my jacket and discovered it was made by somebody named Janet. Anyone else have a jacket made by her?

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
After reading that interview i checked the inside pocket of my jacket and discovered it was made by somebody named Janet. Anyone else have a jacket made by her?

She went with Will Lauder to AL along with most of the machinists. The jacket I bought from them a month or so ago was made by her and it is a lovely job. I had an Aero made by her a few years ago too.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Now you've done that I may be the only emoticon virgin round here.

And I've got a Janet jacket (AL era) too. Great job.

Yeah. Very childish isn't it? Anything which can't be written doesn't really deserve to be expressed at all.

An irony one might be useful I suppose given the number of people who miss it in print. But I suspect that I've become cynical in my old age and that the irony has entered my soul.

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Yes, I too have made it to an advanced age without ever feeling the need- if people don't get something...well, so what ?.... But I must admit "the irony has entered my soul" ( I do like a riff on Jean-Paul) almost had me reaching for the little clappy one.....

robrinay

One Too Many
I came across what I thought was a 'one off' Aero jacket in mint condition brown FQHH - but Holly/cloudylemonade confirmed it was an HG5 - no longer made. The label inside showed it was put together by JL - brilliant workmanship and a really comfortable (and I think good looking) jacket as noted above and elswhere. Many of you will already know this but the jacket was designed by a customer of Aero to be used as a reward in an incentive scheme by the firm he managed. Its a sort of hybrid - of a Highwayman but with an A2 collar and wind flap.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think Otter's comment was well made and not egregious at all. Capes why don't you give it a rest. We are all aware of your point of view, and your not-so-subtle jabs are becoming a bit long in the tooth.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I think Otter's comment was well made and not egregious at all. Capes why don't you give it a rest. We are all aware of your point of view, and your not-so-subtle jabs are becoming a bit long in the tooth.

Really? What is my point of view? You should have read the previous posts since it was obvious I was referring to his use of emoticons not his comment.

Perhaps it's an example of the degrading effect on comprehension that the things have?

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Rather an unfair attack on Capes since his initial remark on emoticons was simply that he's not into them... the follow up was prompted by me simply agreeing with him. His response to Otter was very clearly to do with the emoticon used, nothing else. Surely folks are allowed different views on the use of these things ? Otter says threads have been locked over this issue which seems to me very strange indeed, have emotions run high over emoticons ?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I misinterpreted what was being said and offer my apology to Capes for my remark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran