Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Collar Shapes

Just thought I'd share an image I received from Aero today.
I asked if they would take photos of various collars to help us understand some of the different shapes they offer. Here is what they sent. Thanks Dom!
AeroCollars.jpg

It is my understanding that any jacket that has the Highwayman style collar can be switched to an August collar. Not so with the other shapes as the construction is different. Waiting on confirmation. Thanks also to Carrie who shot a similar comparison for me in the TB thread!

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Me too. Am I right in thinking the August collar is more accurate than the Highwayman style or is this a 1930's versus 1950's difference? Aero collars often seem kind of small to me.

Love the sea biscuit but the August is certainly close enough. That's my main gripe with the 30's HB. The collar is a little tame. If I ground up another jacket I'd def go for the August. I believe the neck hole size difference limits some of the other options.

Fonzie

One Too Many
I asked for the August collar on my Sheene too. Aero told me they couldn’t do it (no idea why), and they put the highwayman instead. I am glad this happened as now I’m very happy with this collar instead of a more pointy one.

dan_t

Practically Family
Interesting, I have the Highwayman collar on my Sheene, but it doesn't appear to be as huge as the one above..

Aero Sheene (12 of 13).jpg

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have the HWM collar on both of my Sheenes and would likely choose again, even if the August collar were an option.
2016-07-09 14.26.46.jpg
Picture taken with Ken Calder when he was kind enough to make the trip from his home to Invergorton to where our HA cruise ship was in port. Ken is wearing a 1950's Half Belt that he himself made. I suspect the collars on our two jackets are the same, although the collar on Ken's jacket is obviously broken in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass