Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Flight Manufacturers label

JOHNO

New in Town
I've seen the Aero Leather Co labels in the A2 but I just recently saw the Aero Flight Manufacturers label. Does anyone have any info on the differences one will find between A2s with the Aero Flight Manufacturers label?

Thanks

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Wasn't that the label they used on their lower-price A-2s made in India about five or six years ago? I seem to recall that it denoted a less-expensive, non-GB-manufactured line of Aero A-2s.

Otter

One Too Many
Absolutly correct, I have one myself, it is my "everyday" A2. The were made in India using materials shipped out from the UK and and as I remember sold for about 150 pounds in the UK. As far as I know it was only this one run of jackets in seal brown Indian goatskin with russet knits and an antique brass Conmar zip. The leather is perhaps slightly thinner than the usual Aero but has been supple and flexible from the start, realy tough and after 7 or so years is just beginning to get a nice patina with high spots showing a slightly lighter colour. I cannot fault the manufacture, nicely cut and stitched, I have had no issues with this jacket other than my catching the stithes on the zip flap which Aero repaired at no cost. I just wish I had bought a couple more at the time!

JOHNO

New in Town
I posted this question on another forum and one of the guys stated,

Aero Flight Mfg was an existing label that they last used for the Indian goatskin jackets, so if it pre-dates those, and/or is steerhide, it was made in Scotland.

I also posted pics of the jacket, the guy I bought it from said it was horsehide and I've had others look at it and everyone seems to lean in that direction.

012-11.jpg

013-9.jpg

014-8.jpg

015-5.jpg

001-71.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass