Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Half-belt Lining Question

Deacon

Familiar Face
I have an Aero horsehide Half-belt that is too heavy for the weather we get here in the northern portion of the the San Francisco Bay Area.

Would it be feasible to send it back to Aero to have the Alpaca lining replaced with something thinner? And if so, what material would be recommended?

Thanks for your time.

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
Deacon, the alpaca is know to be Aero's heaviest lining. Anything other than what you have would be lighter with cotton drill being the lightest of the linings and tartan wool being between the two.
I've heard you get hit with a duty charge when it gets shipped back into the states, hopefully someone can speak to how to avoid that.
Another option you might look into is Johnson's leathers in San Francisco. Might be a quicker cheaper option. I have never dealt with them but I've heard good things from other FL members. If you do drop me a line, I'm considering a lining change and I'm in northern California too.

Last edited:

ando.thun

New in Town
What kind of temperature do you have in the San Francisco Bay Area?

I have a Highwayman with cotton drill lining and wear it with a t-shirt when the temperature is below 15° Celsius. As soon as the temperature is below 5° Celsius I add a sweater.

I plan to buy a lighter jacket for the summer as the FQHH is to heavy for me to wear in spring and summer.

I would send the jacket back to Aero for the relining. See the pictures in the following thread:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...hwayman-will-ride-again!&highlight=highwayman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner