Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Indian Ranger and Daytona fit pics

Edward

Bartender
I guess it is the low waisted pants making the jacket ride above the belt. I just don't get the desire to have this look yet some seem to think it is as it is 'supposed' to be...so wadda I know?

I think that's exactly it: the jackets are cut to historically correct proportions, but if they are not worn with the rest of the outfit in the same proportions, they will sit well above the waistband and give that Joey Ramone c1976 look. Interestingly, though, I've seen a lot of jacket styles ruined by over-compensation for modern, hipster-cut trousers (i.e. waistband low down on the hips, not that they are specific to being worn by Hipsters). Have you ever seen a Perfecto style with a 29" backlength? Yeesh. It's interesting how sometimes playing around with something as simple as length can throw the whole thing off. I suppose that's why there is a distinct art to pattern grading.

WildingKarateWolf

Familiar Face
I think that's exactly it: the jackets are cut to historically correct proportions, but if they are not worn with the rest of the outfit in the same proportions, they will sit well above the waistband and give that Joey Ramone c1976 look. Interestingly, though, I've seen a lot of jacket styles ruined by over-compensation for modern, hipster-cut trousers (i.e. waistband low down on the hips, not that they are specific to being worn by Hipsters). Have you ever seen a Perfecto style with a 29" backlength? Yeesh. It's interesting how sometimes playing around with something as simple as length can throw the whole thing off. I suppose that's why there is a distinct art to pattern grading.

SOLD. Loving it , thanks for the tips

Attachments

• IMG_4080.PNG
    IMG_4080.PNG
    963.7 KB · Views: 1,852

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’m thinking about an Indian ranger, but I’ve never had an Aero MC jacket before (we’ll not true, had a Daytona with light goatskin, wrong choice). Now, is the ranger cinched at the waist? If I pick a 44, what’s the waist like? And what’s the back length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mostly good fits..but sorry..I still don't get the above the belt body length...yet many seem to rave about it.
HD

I think the better way to phrase it is: you don’t get the “below the jacket front rise”? ;) the jacket is alright, wrong is the low rise jeans these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner