Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero jacket sizing question..

mowgli222

One of the Regulars
What does everybody here think of the fit of this jacket on me. I am 5'19 and 158lbs and this is a size 40 Aero Cafe Racer in FQHH. I have a 40 chest and a 32 waist if those measurements help. I am also not a rider and this will be a casual jacket.

I am looking to order a Aero Sheene and wanted to get the sizing right before I went ahead with that.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Thank you..

What everyone said - 0.5/1 inch on the sleeves and if you're not a rider, perhaps half an inch less across shoulders, but that's just nitpicking.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That is a great fit. And one of the nicest cafe racers I've seen from Aero. Which model is it? I haven't seen that back pattern from them before.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not as snug as insurrection like to fit them but looks great for a "normal" fit. Thats the standard back for their standard 4 pocket cafe racer as far as I know.

mowgli222

One of the Regulars
Thank you all for your comments.. I too love the jacket and the color of it. However I have come to realize that I want something with a Highwayman collar on it. That is the reason it is listed on eBay and the classifieds here.

I have already sent out a note to Aero, but would anybody here know if Aero would alter this jacket to put a Highwayman collar on it. I would much rather go that route if it works out..

Also not sure about the back pattern but that is how it was when I bought it..

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
I agree..not a bad fit at all...but I would want another 1/2 or 1" added to sleeves as well.
HD

I second the 1 inch. As the sleeves do not yet appear heavily creased or wrinkled, personally, I would add 1.5.

When the cuff end starts its inevitable, incremental march toward your wrist, you may be thankful for that initial "smidgen more."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy