Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero King of the Road

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Guppy, I meant to ask. Is the Aero maker's tag still in the pocket? What's the date? That looks a lot like my 2012 j-106 in terms of the extra heavy hide.

Doesn't look like it, but which pocket do I look in?

Another mislabled steerhide jacket?

I can't say for sure, but I don't think so. It feels like the other jackets I've had from Aero that were labeled Horsehide.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Guppy, I meant to ask. Is the Aero maker's tag still in the pocket? What's the date? That looks a lot like my 2012 j-106 in terms of the extra heavy hide.
One thing I can tell you, this does feel significantly heavier than the heavy steer Sheene I recently acquired. I'd have to weigh the Sheene, but I'd guess it weighs maybe 6-7 lbs, and this King of the Road is at least 9, maybe 10, and it definitely feels thicker, too.

I don't know if the white Aero tag gives anything away about when it might have been made, but I thought those were an older style tag. Perhaps someone who works for them can say for certain.

Hh121

Banned
The steerhide cafe racer in current sale pages weight little over 6lbs, I was expecting it is weight around 7lbs.

Powerband

Practically Family
Something else interesting to point out, in this jacket, the pillion pockets do not have any lining to them. They open directly into the space between the leather shell and the interior lining. I wonder why they're made that way.

My Aero Ridley D-Pocket is also unlined. I like that because I can confidently stuff my bundle of keys in it without worrying about any lining getting all worn and torn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KotR and the Indian Ranger were always my favorite from the motorcycle line. They make the nicest version out there (well, and the only version as everyone else is just obsessing over that boring ass Buco). It's just such a beautiful jacket!

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
What a lovely jacket. Looks fantastic on you. And yes, makes for a good variation from the usual Buco-style cross zip. Now I don’t know where to start for my own (eventual) cross-zip!!!

Edward

Bartender
It's a short jacket. It hits right at the natural waist. You can see it doesn't cover the belt on my pants. I like that quite a bit, actually, it feels like it should fit very well in a riding position, my thighs shouldn't push the jacket up at all.

I should have worded that better - I meant the drop in meassurement - i.e. compared to the chest size, what size is it around the hem - is it a jacket with a ten inch drop chest to waist (i.e. measures 24" pit to pit, and 19" across the hem) or a less 'v'ed shape, say 24" p2p and 21" or 22" across the hem?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I should have worded that better - I meant the drop in meassurement - i.e. compared to the chest size, what size is it around the hem - is it a jacket with a ten inch drop chest to waist (i.e. measures 24" pit to pit, and 19" across the hem) or a less 'v'ed shape, say 24" p2p and 21" or 22" across the hem?

Oh, I see what you're saying. Pit to Pit is about 22-23", waist is about 18-19". So about a 10" drop from the chest to waist.

All of them! Should say who made it and when. They do get removed often times tho. At that weight...

Checked, but came up empty. Sorry!

Edward

Bartender
Oh, I see what you're saying. Pit to Pit is about 22-23", waist is about 18-19". So about a 10" drop from the chest to waist.

10"... yeah, that's what I'd wondered, thanks. That's the same as the Aero MC Perfecto type - I have a 42" one which is, from memory, 23" p2p, but only 18" on the waist. Nice fit round the chest and shoulders, but I'll never be that small in the waist again.

I thought the 'drop' had to do with the jacket size and the person's waist....

Yes - it's the difference between the chest size and waist size. Aero's MC jackets do all seem to have a very pronounced drop in my experience - the size 42 MC I have has a smaller waist than a size42 30s HB I also owned. I believe this is accurate to the original designs, though... when you look at Brando and his pals in The Wild One, they're all wearing jackets that are tight in the waist (keeps the draft out!) and looser through the chest.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
KotR and the Indian Ranger were always my favorite from the motorcycle line. They make the nicest version out there (well, and the only version as everyone else is just obsessing over that boring ass Buco). It's just such a beautiful jacket!
The Indian Ranger is one that doesn't get talked about much here. There was one on ebay not that long ago that went unsold. Starting price was too high. A fair price, considering it's condition and quality, but too high to attract bidders. It was tempting me, but I didn't bite.

So then this one came along, and I was lucky to pick it up. It'll be harder to pass on that Ranger if I ever see it again.

NamoAmituofo

New in Town
Hi Guppy, I am considering ordering a KOTR, and wonder if you still have this jacket? If so would you be so kind to advise what is the collar to hem length? It does look rather short in your pics, and I don't know if this is standard, or a custom built one for shorter/riding purpose. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner