Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Butte you and I go waaay back to Aero USA and all of the rancor over two years ago as the Calders had to deal with the storse fiasco dumped on them by "other" people. Anyhow it is really great to see you back here again. :thumb:

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Something here was familiar tonight. Sure enough, went into the kitchen and opened a can of Sardines - same smell.

What's more telling - the same Aero haters posting as disgruntled TFL members, offended at the lack of decorum, or the ones MIA? Maybe those that come from VLJ just to chime in as well?

All I know is that after reading this whole thread along with the Aero Trial notes, the suspected and outright supporters and detractors of Aero are more clear than ever before.

99% of any posts posted in this thread by those that are new members can likely be taken with huge grains of cloned NaCl...

Same sad comments above from the same sad people a couple of whom did their best to bully vendors they didn’t like off this site. I thought they gave you a holiday after how you posted on BK threads.

As to the rest of the nonsense above....

Are you taking anything for this?

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Apologies to the members who responded to my comments last night, but I skimmed them very quickly and didn’t find them interesting enough to reply to individually.

But do keep up the good work. You’re doing a marvellous job and I’ll look in again at some point to see how you’re getting on. But please leave the jokes out. They really are not very good and just make the posters look silly.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Yep, Sloan I think he is in the top 5 for keeping things going, very much like several people kicking a can down the road. :D

thor

One Too Many
A story of this magnitude is certain to get everyone's attention, with emotions running high. It's no wonder that there are 158 pages of posts from anyone and everyone on TFL.

Welcome back Butte.:D

Now, where's Schitzo? [huh]

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'd like to make an apology for my posts earlier in the thread. If it doesn't get heard, that is fine and will hold it against nobody. I just wanted everyone to know this whole thing has troubled me to no end, for I contributed to some of the recent drama and feel as if I've caused a lot of hurt feelings or upset people. I feel horrible.
Please know that was never my intent. For whatever reason, I responded strongly to some of the posts here, in defense of my own standards, while being possibly equally (though not intentionally) insensitive to Aero in doing so. I don't imagine my comments made theirs (or your) day any better.
While I still can't ignore my beliefs or change how I naturally react to others' viewpoints, I'd like to apologize for voicing my thoughts at the time if they harmed anyone or turned the thread sour. I respect and hold everyone here, including Aero, in high regard, even though I doubt this seems the case any longer.
I hope everyone knows that I consider them as my friends, even the posters I have had disagreements with in the past or have yet to in the future, regardless if it's only from a computer screen. I will say a little prayer for the posters I addressed my complaints to, and a big one for Aero. Hopefully everyone can get through this and once again I do apologize for whatever pain I inflicted.

-Nick

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
I'd like to make an apology for my posts earlier in the thread. If it doesn't get heard, that is fine and will hold it against nobody. I just wanted everyone to know this whole thing has troubled me to no end, for I contributed to some of the recent drama and feel as if I've caused a lot of hurt feelings or upset people. I feel horrible.
Please know that was never my intent. For whatever reason, I responded strongly to some of the posts here, in defense of my own standards, while being possibly equally (though not intentionally) insensitive to Aero in doing so. I don't imagine my comments made theirs (or your) day any better.
While I still can't ignore my beliefs or change how I naturally react to others' viewpoints, I'd like to apologize for voicing my thoughts at the time if they harmed anyone or turned the thread sour. I respect and hold everyone here, including Aero, in high regard, even though I doubt this seems the case any longer.
I hope everyone knows that I consider them as my friends, even the posters I have had disagreements with in the past or have yet to in the future, regardless if it's only from a computer screen. I will say a little prayer for the posters I addressed my complaints to, and a big one for Aero. Hopefully everyone can get through this and once again I do apologize for whatever pain I inflicted. Honestly, I feel like a criminal.

-Nick

Nick, here's my take on the situation: I for one was never bothered by any of your posts, even when I disagreed with them. You told your personal story which gives you a perspective on this situation that most of us don't share. Also, and more to the point, I know you didn't have an agenda in trying to shut down the thread, and that you were genuinely looking to stop what you felt was some insensitive piling on. Let's just say that I didn't find some of the other posters to be as sincere.

Again, I didn't agree with all of your posts in this thread but I value you as a fellow member and your opinion. Those of us who want the thread to stay open for now have to be able to accept differing opinions, and you were brave enough to stick your neck out. I respect that.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nick, here's my take on the situation: I for one was never bothered by any of your posts, even when I disagreed with them. You told your personal story which gives you a perspective on this situation that most of us don't share. Also, and more to the point, I know you didn't have an agenda in trying to shut down the thread, and that you were genuinely looking to stop what you felt was some insensitive piling on. Let's just say that I didn't find some of the other posters to be as sincere.

Again, I didn't agree with all of your posts in this thread but I value you as a fellow member and your opinion. Those of us who want the thread to stay open for now have to be able to accept differing opinions, and you were brave enough to stick your neck out. I respect that.

Well, thanks for those words. I'm only trying to alleviate any pain I caused if I caused any, as I especially know that Denny remarked that he'd "bitten his toungue" reading several posts. The last thing I wanted to do was add negativity on to the situation Aero was bearing. I felt that my remarks could have been taken in on a very personal level. Never my intent to cause more harm. As to the other posters who voiced their views, I won't speak for them. I do think that sometimes our good intentions get lost in a comment, or we become heated and sometimes lose our heads over a topic. Really hate seeing disagreements online turn personal. This is a forum comprised of incredibly good people. I felt my comments did, and that wasn't my intent. If it was then, it isn't now.
Enough of me, back to the thread.

Last edited:
Nothing criminal or wrong about taking a stand (one way or other) and even reacting very passionate about how you stand on certain issues. Quite different than someone just popping into the thread with only the intention of agitating and talking down to others as if their comments are of little value and not worthy to respond to let alone even read. Debating opinions is quite different than dismissing all others that may disagree...but that is a purposeful tactic to stir up retaliation only to disrupt.
I don't think that was your purpose, whatsoever, and any upset with your comments should soon be forgotten. Don't think it is your style to agitate just for the sake of perturbing others.
HD

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Go away fer a few days and all **** breaks loose. Aliens land and start sending out cryptic posts... feuds break out left, right and sideways... Cat's and dogs co-habitatin'.... in public! Ferrets, weasels and skunks... oh my! And folks return from daid (hi Butte!). Man I love this place!!!!

Worf

Big J

Call Me a Cab
So, nobody still has a clue as to the identity of Alexander Leathers designer?
Nobody had one of those e-mails from Aero that Alexander Leathers was talking about?

Something smells fishy, and it ain't the sushi.

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So, nobody still has a clue as to the identity of Alexander Leathers designer?
Nobody had one of those e-mails from Aero that Alexander Leathers was talking about?

Something smells fishy, and it ain't the sushi.

We all know the answers to these questions...I really don't think there is much point in repeating the same questions again and again...and again.

I dont know who you need to hear it from to satisfy you. I'll take a shot.

1.WL
2.No they never existed

Big J

Call Me a Cab
We all know the answers to these questions...I really don't think there is much point in repeating the same questions again and again...and again.

I dont know who you need to hear it from to satisfy you. I'll take a shot.

1.WL
2.No they never existed

1. What makes you think that WL designed all those jackets himself? We have evidence that he had staff copy patterns, and took patterns home. There is a difference between designing and copying.

2. If we could prove that the e-mail never existed, there'd be a case for slander/defamation by AL against Aero.

3. Why do you care how many times I ask the questions?

Edward

Bartender
It would be libel rather than slander, but prima facie there could be a case for defamation of this form if AL were in a position to be unable to prove the allegation they made. The additional qualifications imposed in England and Wales by the Defamation Act 2013 mostly don't apply up in Scotland, so it's still a relatively straightforward matter to bring a case there. Presumably AL's lawyers got a look at that statement and had it pulled before they could go getting themselves sued. Given the inevitable tarnishing of their brand with the conviction of the guy who was initially publicised as their star player, a libel case is the last thing they need when they're looking to keep their market.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1. I think its pretty obvious he didn't create the "designs" but brought them as replicated patterns from Aero, so there is no AL designer and we all know that.

2. Can you ever prove something like that didn't exist? Aero would have to start the legal proceedings, its not up to us.

3. The question isn't why do i care, its more what do you hope to achieve asking a question (repeatedly) that nobody will ever be able to answer to your satisfaction. You've emailed AL directly and they haven't replied, what makes you think they will reply here?

Edward

Bartender
In Scottish defamation law (as with the other UK jurisdictions), it would not be for Aero to prove lack of truth in the matter, but for the defendant to prove that such an email was indeed sent, by Aero, to customers of Aero and AL, otherwise the truth (formerly justification) defence would not be available. As they clearly stated as a matter of fact that such an email was sent, they would find opinion-based defences unavailable to them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21