Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather J106 Question

olworthers

A-List Customer
Hi all!

I'm a new member here, what a great forum this is! I've done quite a bit of reading already and you guys really know your stuff!

I have an aero jacket which I bought used ('Elvis' Style) in heavy horsehide which is superb. The only issue is that it's just too big for me and the fit is not really suited to my frame. I've contacted aero who would offer me a part exchange against a new jacket, I'm also trying my luck at selling it on eBay (not sure if I can post a link here??). Anyway, I thinking that the aero J106 (http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=199) would suit me better, just wondering if anyone out there has one and whether they recommend it etc?!

Many thanks in advance!

-OW

JanSolo

Practically Family
The J106 and the Daytona (and the Bootleger - not a real MC jacket, I know) are the closest fitting of all diagonal zipper MC jackets Aero offers. If you want a really trim fitting jacket you can ask Will to build you a J106 using the basic measurements of a Cafe Racer. That's possible and been done before. Not sure if it costs a little extra but it's probably worth it. Make sure you get the correct back length as those typical MC jackets are very short fitting.

I would contact Will directly via phone to discuss the details.

olworthers

A-List Customer
Thanks JanSolo, I hadnt really looked at the Daytona, that's a very nice looking jacket too!

I don't want it too be too trim fitting, but at 6'1" tall and with a slimmer build, I am looking for something that has a more 'fitted' look. Good shout on the length as well - this is always an issue for me.

Any Daytona owners out there?!

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
The J106 and the Daytona (and the Bootleger - not a real MC jacket, I know) are the closest fitting of all diagonal zipper MC jackets Aero offers. If you want a really trim fitting jacket you can ask Will to build you a J106 using the basic measurements of a Cafe Racer. That's possible and been done before. Not sure if it costs a little extra but it's probably worth it. Make sure you get the correct back length as those typical MC jackets are very short fitting.

I would contact Will directly via phone to discuss the details.

J-The J-106 is a much tighter fitting jacket than the cafe' racer...

J1064Wade.jpg

olworthers

A-List Customer
That's pretty much the look I'm going for - thanks for posting the pic Mojo1975, I spotted that in another thread whilst doing some research! Any J106 owners out there...?

-OW

Faster

New in Town
That's pretty much the look I'm going for - thanks for posting the pic Mojo1975, I spotted that in another thread whilst doing some research! Any J106 owners out there...?

-OW

I would guess that over 50% of all J106 owners have done their orders through Insurrection...give them a ring. They do a lot with these jackets that Aero doesn't...my 2 cnets...

Edward

Bartender
Are the Insurrection J106 jackets slimmed down again from the standard Aero pattern (as seems to be the norm, if I have read the various threads correctly)?

Edward

Bartender
It is big. I'm not exactly a small guy, just not 'bulky' enough up top for this to fit properly!

-OW

To my eye, the jacket in photos of a young Elvis astride his Harley in about '56 are much closer to the J106 model; if the Aero Elvis model is a more generous cut, it might well be based on, well..... Elvis in his "enhanced physique" of the later years.... ;)

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Are the Insurrection J106 jackets slimmed down again from the standard Aero pattern (as seems to be the norm, if I have read the various threads correctly)?

Sorry Edward...can't answer this. Otherwise peeps just call Aero asking for Insurrection models of particular jackets... It puts both Will and myself in a very awkward situation. We've even had people come to our shop with a measuring tape, measuring out our jackets, trying to get the specs....LOL... Crazy world!!!

billyb

Familiar Face
Yeah...a 44 is huge in Aero, in any style! We rarely stock above a 42!

Ouch, that just hurts ;) Butte and I will try not to take it too hard.

By the way, I think I would like to send you guys at Insurrection my CHPs jacket for the evaluation of a couple of mods to get it right...as long as your OK with jacket greater than size 44:)

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate

Butte...LOL... ;)

Ouch, that just hurts ;) Butte and I will try not to take it too hard.

By the way, I think I would like to send you guys at Insurrection my CHPs jacket for the evaluation of a couple of mods to get it right...as long as your OK with jacket greater than size 44:)

We love to do CHP mods! And, of course we're fine with a size larger than 44!!! ;)

Edward

Bartender
Sorry Edward...can't answer this. Otherwise peeps just call Aero asking for Insurrection models of particular jackets... It puts both Will and myself in a very awkward situation. We've even had people come to our shop with a measuring tape, measuring out our jackets, trying to get the specs....LOL... Crazy world!!!

Ah! Yes, understood.... nobody wants to go to the trouble of maintaining stock only to be a 'try-on, buy elsewhere' option! No worries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters