Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero "Motorcycle Jacket" 42/44. Thunderbay Label, Blanket Lined--OFFERS WELCOME!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
Aero Leather of Scotland "Motorcycle Jacket".

SOLD!!!! THANK YOU!!

Tagged size 44 (likely fit 42/44); measurements:

Chest: 23 1/4 (Measured seam to seam)
Chest: 24 1/2 (Measured like a sports jacket, including the additional leather that extends beyond the seams when the sleeves are up for measuring)
Sleeve: 25 (Measured straight down)
Sleeve: 25 1/4 (Measured around the curve)
Shoulder: 19 1/2
Length: 24 (from the bottom of the collar)

From Aero's website:

The jacket made famous by Marlon Brando in "The Wild One".

Our classically designed Motorcycle Jacket was inspired by the jacket commissioned from Aero in 1987 for the Brando exhibit in the world famous Madam Tussaud's Waxworks in London.

This heavy Steerhide Jacket features two deep zip closing hand-warmer pockets with heavy linings, a deep breast pocket with zip and a small stud-down ticket pocket, studded epaulettes and swing gussets in the back for extra movement.

The sleeves have adjustable zip cuffs and the jacket is fastened by a brass centre zip. Waist adjustment is by an attached belt with solid brass buckle.

This classic Aero jacket.... has an internal leather kidney protector panel.

DESCRIPTION OF *THIS* JACKET:

As Aero's description, above, but with two lovely additions.

First, while the standard Motorcycle jacket comes with black cotton drill lining this one features a wonderful wool "blanket" lining, which not only makes this an extremely comfortable jacket to wear, but is also reminiscent of the original 1950s jackets that were designed to be worn in all weathers--and you needed to be warm when it was cold, as leather alone doesn't really keep you warm.

Second, this jacket has the rare Aero "Thunderbay" label--possibly one of the coolest labels in Aero's inventory!

In addition to these features this jacket is in excellent used condition. When I acquired it theoriginal zipper had been set into the seams too deeply and so didn't work well at all. I had Dena at Great Leathercraft replace this with the same gauge YKK zipper in the same colourtone as the original, so this now works beautifully fluidly and is incredibly sturdy.....and looks perfect with the jacket! This zipper still has its original "Aero" leather pull attached. The other zippers on the jacket are Talon.

The left hand lower pocket has a leather zip pull rather than the ball and chain pulls that are on the other pockets; there is a leather pull on the right hand sleeve, but not the left. (Obviously, this isn't relevant to the zip itself!) There is some very minor and completely normal wear to the edges of the cuffs and to the leading edge of the front placket, especially at the lower end--but this is all completely normal. There is a small blemish from wear on the stud on the lapel on the right--again, completely normal!

The grain on this jacket is just starting to show through, and is beautiful!

I'm only selling this as I have vet bills to pay, and I really haven't worn this at all since I acquired it--so it should go to someone who'll use it and love it!

Ready to give you decades of service, this is just $425, OR OFFER, boxed, shipped, and insured in the USA. And offers are very welcome!

Last edited:
Great jacket at a ridiculously great price. The lining won’t work for me and I still almost sent a PM.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the kind words, everyone--looking for a quick sale and I'm very happy to give a fellow Lounger a great deal!

I'll weigh this later this afternoon and will post the weight in the OP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner