Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Oil Pull Qualities

kronos77

One of the Regulars
There was some talk about the Aero oil pull ghorsehide a while back, but I think the conclusion was that there is a new batch with different qualities now.

How does the current oil pull rank in terms of insulation and waterproofing? I had a sample many years ago and it was beautiful, close to the Schott naked cowhide in many ways. There seemed to be a depth of color to it that made me want to stare at it for long periods of time.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
There was some talk about the Aero oil pull ghorsehide a while back, but I think the conclusion was that there is a new batch with different qualities now.

How does the current oil pull rank in terms of insulation and waterproofing? I had a sample many years ago and it was beautiful, close to the Schott naked cowhide in many ways. There seemed to be a depth of color to it that made me want to stare at it for long periods of time.

I had a HWM made of the old oil pull in 2009 and it was beautiful stuff with a deep colour like a horse chestnut. But I bought one of the newer kind a year or so ago from the sale page and it was nothing like it. It was more like oiled suede and very soft to the touch with no real surface. As it happened the jacket was the wrong size so went back but I was very unimpressed with the leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner