Aero perfection again! My new Board Racer arrives...

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Witchtrip, Oct 16, 2016.

1. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

That fit is definitely spot on.

Witchtrip likes this.
  2. Cocker

Cocker Practically Family

The jacket is looking really great, and the fit is bang on. Congrats!

Witchtrip likes this.
  3. Cooperson

Cooperson One Too Many

Killer! Love the lining, great fit.

Witchtrip likes this.
  4. Fonzie

Fonzie Practically Family

Absolutely amazing in every way. You've nailed it. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Witchtrip likes this.
  5. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

You couldn't have done better. Congratulations.

Witchtrip likes this.
  6. Justhandguns

Justhandguns Practically Family

Looks excellent! What's the size?

P.S. I suspect the jackets that Aero sells to Insurrection are of the slimmer Japanese specs, can anyone confirm this? And of course, you get the Buco tag as well.

Witchtrip likes this.
  7. Witchtrip

Witchtrip One of the Regulars

Size 38, but it's definitely larger than the 38 fit jacket I received. I'm not sure about slimmer versions for Insurrection - I believe they helped develop the "premier" lines, which are slimmer, but I think the Board & Cafe Racers are the slimmest fitting jackets from Aero. I love that Buco collar...

8. Edward

Edward Bartender

There was talk for years that Aero were developing a "Japanese fit" that was going to be slimmer than even the slimmer patterns they already have. I guess this was in response partly to a fashion demand in the Japanese market, and perhaps also the fact that Japanese men are generally slighter than those of us in the West, at least insofar as one can make such a generalisation. Sicne Ken came back and developed the Premier patterns, I think there's an element of that being realised there. I don't know if they make alterations to the patterns per se for Insurrection, but it's certain true that since Insurrection first had a presence on here and probably long before, the preferred house style in Seattle is 'second skin'. They advise customers to 'size down' at least a full two sizes on a standard Highwayman(!), for instance. Some of this will be to do with the large proportion of jackets Insurrection sell that will be worn on the back of a motorcycle (a neater fit meaning it stays in place and does its job as abrasion-protection better in the event of an off.).

In any case, this jacket turned out really well, and it looks great! Interesting Insurrection have a label on it too (in addition to the licenced Buco label that goes in some Aero jackets instead of the Aero one).

Witchtrip likes this.
  9. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

I love that style of jacket, on other people not me (it doesn't fit my bod). Yours looks great and seems to fit great. Congrats.

Worf

Witchtrip likes this.
  10. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

Looking at such great fit I feel blessed for my beer belly. It saved me a couple of hundreds of euros. Congratulations.

ton312 and Witchtrip like this.
  11. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Good eye Edward! I hadn't noticed that and that's not present on any of my Aero via TB jackets. Must be something new. Cool label.

Edward and Witchtrip like this.
  12. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

That is one very, very nice jacket & a superb fit :)

Witchtrip likes this.
  13. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Beautiful jacket and one of the best fits I've seen in a while. Plus, the style suits you well. Now, two things to remember: 1. every now and then you have to take it off; 2. (excessive) beer, cookies, and peanut butter 'n bacon sandwiches (Elvis) are verboten.

Edward and Witchtrip like this.
  14. mendelboaz

mendelboaz Practically Family

WOW!!! STUNNER!!!

Witchtrip likes this.
  15. Witchtrip

Yeah, that Thurston label is only for Vicenza (I wanted in my FQHH and Carrie explained). I did have them sew the regular Aero label into the right inner vertical pocket since I went with the Buco at the neck. Can't have too many labels (when they are this good looking)!

Edward likes this.
  16. A-1

A-1 One Too Many

Damn man, that’s one of the nicest I’ve seen in a loooooooooong while! Please don’t wear anything else anymore and show pics of the jacket every once in a while here. I am curious how the leather develops when someone actually wears a jacket...

Witchtrip and handymike like this.
  17. Fonzie

Fonzie Practically Family

@Witchtrip
    Would you mind telling me what's the name of that tartan lining? It's awesome.
    Also, the sleeve lining, is it red rayon?
    Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Witchtrip likes this.
  18. OceanBreeze

OceanBreeze One of the Regulars

Very nice jacket. Thanks for the detailed pics. I have an Aero on order with tartan lining as well so it's nice to see a semi-preview of what I will be getting.

Witchtrip likes this.
  19. Witchtrip

Absolutely, it's Aberdeen lightweight tartan with wine cotton sateen in the sleeves. It feels amazing - like a second skin.

I would not suggest a heavier tartan or cotton drill in sleeves on Vincenza - the leather is so supple you wouldn't want a heavy lining interfering with the feel of the leather. Also, the medium weight (and probably heavy) tartan has a rougher feel & less sheen. Hope this helps.

Fonzie likes this.
  20. Witchtrip

I will absolutely post 6 month interval pics of its "progress" :cool:

A-1 likes this.