Aero perfection again! My new Board Racer arrives...

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Witchtrip, Oct 16, 2016.

1. SpeedRcrX

SpeedRcrX One Too Many

Congrats! it's a beauty!

Witchtrip likes this.
  2. Insomnia

Insomnia One of the Regulars

Very nice jacket, i like the combination of dark seal leather, contrast stitching and the brass hardware. Your photos are excellent. Fit is spot on. Carry and Aero did a good job. Enjoy your jacket :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    A-1 and Witchtrip like this.
  3. Justhandguns

Justhandguns Practically Family

Insomnia, not intentionally picking on your spelling, but you just cheered me up with your mentioning of 'bras hardware'!!! Sorry! ;)

4. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Triumph factory isn't far from me & I don't mean the car either. Plenty of Bras hardwear in there :)

5. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

It's perfection alright. I've nothing intelligent to add that others haven't said already so I'll just +1 on every positive comment. :)

6. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

any update wear pics?? Would love to see.

7. GoAround

GoAround New in Town

As many already mentioned, you’ve achieved an awesome fit. Congratulations.

May I kindly ask for your jacket measurements and if possible, also your body measurements.

This would really help for comparison while defining my future jacket and your support would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance. ;-)

8. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I don't think @Witchtrip has been seen in these parts for quite some time.

GoAround likes this.
  9. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

He probably just wanted to avoid the TFL Effect

El Marro, handymike and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  10. Witchtrip

Witchtrip One of the Regulars

Hey guys, I'm still here. Yes, I've had to lay low as I'm up to my eyeballs in home renovations and other projects. I've been meaning to post some break in shots. The jacket is aging beautifully, but unfortunately in my insanity, I ended up ordering a total of 3 Aeros since I joined the TFL. (I still need to start a thread for the Vicenza Premier half belt.)

GoAround, I'll get some measurements to you this week. This forum is amazing and I received tons of great advice and am happy to help a fellow leathernaut!

11. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

I would love to know what percentage of Aero sales are linked to the TFL effect?
    We should ask Denny to start asking "how have you heard about us" on the order form!

Edward likes this.
  12. GoAround

GoAround New in Town

Count me in ...

13. Witchtrip

Hey GoAround, apologies for the delay. Here are my measurements:
    I'm 6', 155 lbs. My chest ranges from 40 - 42 inches (fully expanded with breath & depending on working out/ the season) I wear a 38/40 in most everything off the rack.

I ordered my BR in size 38 with 26.75" sleeves and 25.5" back length. The actual measurements are: 21" pit to pit, 17.25" across shoulders, 25.25" back length, 26.75" sleeves. I totally lucked out because the jacket I received was actually larger than my fit jacket (which is a lifesaver as the fit jacket was (in retrospect) too tight for layering and I've put on 5 lbs since I posted the pics here.)

If I had to do it over again (to ensure an outcome similar to the jacket I received), I would order a size 40 with an extra 1.5" added to the arm holes. (The BR armholes are pretty high.) You can layer up under a slightly larger jacket, but if it's too tight, it's uncomfortable to wear.

I hope this helps - cheers

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    GoAround and ProteinNerd like this.
  14. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Nice follow-up information as I have long been intrigued with the Board Racer design, although I suspect I would prefer a standard collar (Seven) over the Mandarin. I wear a 42 Sheene with 2" added to the circumference of the waist, and feel certain a 44 BR/Seven with 27" back and 27" sleeves would fit me to perfection. Other than HWM collar, the only other change I might make would be to place the zip sleeves in the back rather than the front.

@Witchtrip I continue to maintain your BR fits to perfection. No question TFL effect has enabled most of us to buy waaay too many jackets, myself included. Which is the reason I resist buying a Board Racer!

Witchtrip likes this.
  15. Witchtrip

@Fanch, thanks for your kind words. I'm definitely familiar with your jackets & posts. They helped me quite a bit in figuring out styles and how they looked in the real world.

Your BR description sounds like a real winner. if you don't order that jacket, I just might have to! ;)

Fanch likes this.
  16. GoAround

GoAround New in Town

@Witchtrip:

Thank you very much for your feedback and the provided measurements! Great (expensive) forum and helpful members. ;-)

In the meantime I’ve already ordered my BR mainly following the suggestions from Holly (Aero), which are based on my body measurements & fit pictures of me wearing my other jackets. I’m really curious how the jacket will fit in the end.

For me personally it’s really difficult to evaluate the measurements & fit pictures provided by others (and use them as guidance for my own project), as the individual “torso / rest of the body ratio” should also be taken into account and for me that’s hard to get out of the pictures.

I mean, I think that your jackets back length (25.25”) looks perfect on you. But I saw pictures of a member who is less tall (5’10”) and who has even selected a longer back length (26.25”), but the jackets looks actually shorter on him. So the idea of having a fit jacket (as offered by e.g. Thurston Bros.) seems to be a good concept. But even with using a fit jacket the result can deviate slightly from the order (based on the production tolerances), as you’ve experienced by yourself.

As said, I’m curious how my jacket will fit in the end and I have the faith that in case something turns out to be totally odd, Aero will offer a solution to solve it. I’ll certainly post the result here.

Witchtrip likes this.
  17. KPDarb

KPDarb New in Town

Bump- any updated pictures?! :)

18. mtrlr

mtrlr Familiar Face

Such a beautiful jacket !

19. Edward

Edward Bartender

I'm sure I remember Ken saying at some point over the years that the biggest markets for Aero were the US and Germany. I suspect that TFL Certainly doesn't hurt in terms of sales; I'd say we probably have a fair number of repeat-Aero-customers on here.

Looking at the jacket in the OP again, I notice the Aero-branded stud at the neck, which is a lovely detail. Could be tempted by that when it comes to the next Aero bike jacket...

Witchtrip likes this.
  20. Witchtrip

Thanks for the renewed interest. The jackets are all breaking in great. The BR is fantastic - I'll take some new pics soon and update the threads!

vivicorsi likes this.