Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sheene- Fit Advice and Creative Guidance

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Most of the comments that I would have made have already been made, but if you would like to see what a Sheene looks like before and after break-in, in brown CXL, without shoulder gussets, without kidney panel, then please follow this link. It was also my first Aero and I have just ordered another that should be here by March.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-sheene-fit-pics-4-months-in.82984/

EDIT: OOPS! Just realized (should have read the entire thread) that you already have had your jacket for a year! It looks amazing! Well done sir!

Last edited:

Bulldozer

One of the Regulars
Most of the comments that I would have made have already been made, but if you would like to see what a Sheene looks like before and after break-in, in brown CXL, without shoulder gussets, without kidney panel, then please follow this link. It was also my first Aero and I have just ordered another that should be here by March.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-sheene-fit-pics-4-months-in.82984/

EDIT: OOPS! Just realized (should have read the entire thread) that you already have had your jacket for a year! It looks amazing! Well done sir!

Can you post an update to that thread? What the jacket looks like 4 years on!

Bulldozer

One of the Regulars
^^That's the same standard V yoke that's on the Highwayman model. Just do be aware that the Premier fit Highwayman has a little different and more distinct V-yoke.

Oh I knew that. But, seems like people use both "V yoke" and "western yoke" to refer to the same highwayman yoke, so reading that made me wonder if there were subtle differences between the two I was missing.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys! It's ok, but it was quite difficult when it occured. All took place in a moment of time, and gosh, I could not have imagined something like that occuring.

Fortenuetly I did have a great time with family and that was more important for sure.

VestCoast

A-List Customer
I got a new camera and took the Sheene out to get some sun. Still figuring out the camera (so much to learn) but thought it did a deednt job of capturing the wear on the black CXL. I've had this jacket for about 18 months now and wear it as often as possible, pretty pleased with how its breaking in. I went back and looked at the photos I took when this jacket first arrived and the collar particularly has become so much more attractive and comfortable.

Gsd3Ffj.jpg

l17Rv9u.jpg

kye8bgw.jpg

u6pNQ0Q.jpg

jTYn2yi.jpg

I7HsDzR.jpg

eHxA8wo.jpg

ai00344

One of the Regulars
I got a new camera and took the Sheene out to get some sun. Still figuring out the camera (so much to learn) but thought it did a deednt job of capturing the wear on the black CXL. I've had this jacket for about 18 months now and wear it as often as possible, pretty pleased with how its breaking in. I went back and looked at the photos I took when this jacket first arrived and the collar particularly has become so much more attractive and comfortable.

Gsd3Ffj.jpg

l17Rv9u.jpg

kye8bgw.jpg

u6pNQ0Q.jpg

jTYn2yi.jpg

I7HsDzR.jpg

eHxA8wo.jpg

Gsd3Ffj.jpg

l17Rv9u.jpg

kye8bgw.jpg

u6pNQ0Q.jpg

jTYn2yi.jpg

I7HsDzR.jpg

eHxA8wo.jpg
Love the subtle shades of brown coming through. Tea core is best in small doses.

Fonzie

One Too Many

Gsd3Ffj.jpg

l17Rv9u.jpg

kye8bgw.jpg

u6pNQ0Q.jpg

jTYn2yi.jpg

I7HsDzR.jpg

eHxA8wo.jpg
Very cool. Did you do anything to shape the collar like that? Hot water?

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
No special treatment, I just quickly form it whenever I put it on, kind of a collar check if you will.
These pics are much appreciated. I'm torn between Vicenza and black CXL, but I think now I'll have to support the good old USA and go with CXL. Do you think I would get more of a teacore effect with regular CXL or the tumbled version? Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider