Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sheene in Seal Vicenza

ducatimonster

Familiar Face
Finally got the time ( and the correct weather) to post some pics of my New Aeroleather Sheene jacket in Seal Vicenza Horsehide.

I ordered first in 38 size but had to sent it back to get a 40 size because it was too tight
DSC_0046.jpg

I´m 5.9", 168 lbs, 38.5 " relaxed , 31 waist
The jacket was ordered with the specifications listed below:

Sheene
Size 40"
Seal Vicenza
Back 25.25"
Sleeves 25.5"
Add 0.5" to each side panel at waist
Black Watch Weathered light weight tartan Custom Lining
With Yoke on Back
No Kidney Panel
No Windflap
No Shoulder Gussets
August Collar
3 Pocket Design
No Zips on Handwarmers
Antique Brass Hardwear
Diamond Puller on Chest Pocket
Inside Pocket on Left - No Closure
Olive Drab Contrast Stitch

I´m very happy with it, much more wearable for the spanish weather than my HH CXL Highwayman :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
@ducatimonster it just occurred to me you live in Barcelona and indicate your latest acquisition is "more wearable for the spanish weather than my HH CXL Highwayman." My CXL FQHH Teamster is my one and only CXL Aero that I use mostly for cold, rainy days in N Texas which locality, I suspect, has similar weather to where you live. I have found I wear my two Sheenes much more often than my Teamster and suspect you will find that you get way more use from your Sheene than your CXL Highwayman.

It is simply amazing how you were able to nail down virtually a perfect fit with your Sheene. I suppose the size 38 you sent back was used more or less as a fit jacket. In my case a good friend sent me his Sheene, from which Denny, Holly, and I were able to determine exactly how much to add to the circumference of the waist to facilitate a perfect fit. For me a size 42 with 2" added to the circumference of the waist perfect sizing, whereas a size 44 would have been too big in the chest and shoulders. IF I were to order a Board Racer (or Seven), I suspect a stock size 44 would probably be close to ideal. Of course I always must have sleeves longer than standard as I have long arms.

Again, you did well!

Last edited:

ducatimonster

Familiar Face
@ducatimonster it just occurred to me you live in Barcelona and indicate your latest acquisition is "more wearable for the spanish weather than my HH CXL Highwayman." My CXL FQHH Teamster is my one and only CXL Aero that I use mostly for cold, rainy days in N Texas which locality, I suspect, has similar weather to where you live. I have found I wear my two Sheenes much more often than my Teamster and suspect you will find that you get way more use from your Sheene than your CXL Highwayman.

It is simply amazing how you were able to nail down virtually a perfect fit with your Sheene. I suppose the size 38 you sent back was used more or less as a fit jacket. In my case a good friend sent me his Sheene, from which Denny, Holly, and I were able to determine exactly how much to add to the circumference of the waist to facilitate a perfect fit. For me a size 42 with 2" added to the circumference of the waist perfect sizing, whereas a size 44 would have been too big in the chest and shoulders. IF I were to order a Board Racer (or Seven), I suspect a stock size 44 would probably be close to ideal. Of course I always have to have any sleeves longer than standard as I have long arms.

Again, you did well!

Hi Fanch
Many Thanks for the comments ;)

Yes, I have no doubts that I will wear my new Vicenza Sheene much more often.

As an example we are having here an average temperature of about 19 ºC ( 68 ºF) in October, a bit lower at mornings and nights, at least now I may start wearing it for pleasure

My FQHH HWM is lined with alpaca wool so I´ll have to wait at least till November but taking in account how confortable is the Sheene may be this year will rest at the wardrobe a bit more that expected.

Concerning the size, I sent my measurements to Holly and told her that my current 40” HWM could have been better a size down , I was totally sure about that so we finally agreed to order a 38.

When I got the jacket I found it too tight at the pit area, shoulders and waist ( it was already ordered with 0.5 “ added to avoid the extra slim pattern of the café racer at waist area)

Sent pics to Holly and agreed to go simply a size up.

The Sheene its a nice looking pattern for V shaped bodies and I have a 31 waist so it was not necessary to add much at bottom hem. I have relatively wide shoulders and the Sheene is generous in that area so may be its pattern has helped me. I think the Seven is better for more straight bodies. I had it in mind as well, but I decided the Sheene pattern was better for my body shape.
Regards.
Joan

dan_t

Practically Family
Congrats! There's not much more that I can add - it's a very, very nice jacket.
I ordered practically the same jacket in the same hide. It is a really easy wearing item and the colour is extremely versatile.
I actually added 0.75" to each side panel (after owning a 'standard' café racer based Sheene which was too restrictive) & then promptly lost around 8 kgs between the time the order was placed & the jacket arriving.
Really could have done with somewhere between 0.25" & 0.5"....... oh well ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24