Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Stuart FS

HighandDry

A-List Customer
The tag says FQHH and it feels the same weight as my other FQHH. When I ordered, I just asked for oil pull and wasn't given a choice in weight.

I have a off the shelf slim fit halfbelt from Insurrection in a 38 which fits great. Normally, I'm a 40 suit- 40 chest.

This one fits well, but just a little roomy for my taste. Probably worn a dozen times.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Maybe it's my bad luck, but I think I'm 1 for 3 for Aeros in terms of fit.

My best fitting Aero is a 38 slimfit halfbelt that I bought off the shelf from Insurrection. My custom Aeros didn't fare so well. My Cheyenne was a disaster. The Stuart fits ok, but too roomy in the midsection for me.

It really is a beautiful leather and lining.

I stopped in Insurrection/Thurston Bros and I ordered a Stockman. I'm hoping it's not a potato sack like the Cheyenne I ordered in the past. When I gave Amanda my measurements, she recommended a 38 Cheyenne. With Carrie at Insurrection, she recommended a 34 Stockman. I have always found Carrie/Wade to give excellent advice, so I have my fingers crossed!

Yeah..good that you live so close! Would never have guessed a size 34,though. ..but then I've never had a Stockman. Carrie should fix you right up.
BTW..if you don't mind..what hide and lining on the new ordered jacket?
Thanks
HD

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Yeah, I would have not thought a 34 either. She was actually debating going down to a 32, but thought that it would be too tight at the hips.

I'm going with a black FQHH. The lining is a wool tartan, but I forgot the name ;) it's one of Aero's stock darker tartans (black,purple).

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I'm interested that you note the oil pull HH is as tough as regular FQHH. My oil pull jacket certainly seems to be very rigid yet Aero currently lists it as A2 weight on their site. I tried on my friend's original issue G1 last night and it felt like I was wearing a spiderweb in comparison. Have Aero changed the oil pull hide over the years? Your Stuart seems to be the exact same color as my jacket which is now ten years old.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
I'm interested that you note the oil pull HH is as tough as regular FQHH. My oil pull jacket certainly seems to be very rigid yet Aero currently lists it as A2 weight on their site. I tried on my friend's original issue G1 last night and it felt like I was wearing a spiderweb in comparison. Have Aero changed the oil pull hide over the years? Your Stuart seems to be the exact same color as my jacket which is now ten years old.
Not saying the oil pull is as tough. Just saying it seems to be the same weight as my FQHH halfbelt. Definitely is much heavier than my Goodwear A2.
The label inside the jacket says FQHH, but as we all found out, this doesn't necessarily mean anything.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Unfortunately it wont fit me at all. Its tighter then my CR while being to long in the arms and maybe to long in the back aswell for my taste.

I was seriously considering this tho, it looks very nice with the lining and the cool collar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass