Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero & Triumph

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Here are a few more pics of my new 1930's-style Black Aero Halfbelt. What do you think? Is the back of the jacket too short for riding? Arms too short? How about for street wear? I think it might be borderline, but okay. Interested to hear your honest opinions.

These pics show how the jacket fits on a motorcycle. Wow, I need to lose a few pounds. This winter was not kind on my gut. Time to hit the gym and lay off the steaks and beer. I will be 20 pounds lighter very soon, so I am taking that into consideration about the length. I think the jacket will lie down a little better when I have less of a gut.

A2.jpg

A4-1.jpg

A1-1.jpg

A7-1.jpg

A5-1.jpg

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
The jacket length is perfect IMO. If it was longer you wouldn't have room for your legs while riding. But I think you could use trousers that sit higher on the waist or it might get a little tough for your kidneys.

Edward

Bartender
Yes, I agree with Rudie - jacket looks grand, trews look to be a little low in the waist for being bent over a bike for long periods. I have the same issue re gut and that jacket... I don't need the cinch straps at all (though I hope to be able to use them soon!). The only thing is dislike is that those straps are an inch or so too short to stay put when let out to the fullest. At some point I'm actually going to see if I can have them lengthened. I'd rather have Aero do this, but I don't want to mail the jacket off just for that. Hopefully get a chance to visit them this year.

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
In my opinion, that's too short for use on a bike both in the torso and the sleeves. (This is why bike-specific jackets have longer backsides and sleeves.) It would probably be fine as far as street wear goes. Especially if you're going for that 30's vintage vibe.

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
Torso looks fine, sleeves are short. I don't know why people keep telling you the length is too short, it's an MC jacket it has to sit shorter. I agree pull your pants up though that's making it look too short, if your pants are in the proper place the jacket sits fine on or off the bike...

The arms I hate to say are a touch short for riding, when your arms are extended onto the controls the sleeves should come to the wrist. But if you wear gauntlets or longer gloves this is no big deal. This is probably not possible for you to remedy without going a full custom jacket since this is the 2nd jacket with the same issue.

Actually length may be a hair short to be honest now that I look again, it should come an inch or two lower, but not a huge deal, you know that jacket isn't a true MC jacket anyway, it's for cruising and would be fine.

Last edited:

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
I see it more as a fashion-focused jacket than an actual MC jacket. A MC jacket would either have a longer back, or it would be longer overall with a shortened front zipper so the jacket doesn't ride up. This prevents the large gap between the jacket and the pants in the back and keeps the front from riding up when leaning forward. As it is you could still wear it on a bike (gauntlet gloves are a good suggestion), but it's going to get mighty drafty and chilly on the hind side riding in anything but really warm temperatures.

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Have to agree with majority here Hammer as far for riding... Sleeves are definitely too short and the back could be a bit longer. Front length is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn