Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero's Premier collar in CXL

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I have a brand new Premiere Highwayman in CXL, with the Premier style collar that comes standard on it. Does anyone that has this particular collar in CXL have tips for making it wearable/comfortable? Instead of being round, the neck hole is a long, narrow oval shape, so the sides of the collar press hard/dig into my neck.

I have this same collar on a Vicenza jacket that is the same size, and never noticed that it was like this, since that leather is softer and more flexible. But man, the same neck hole shape in CXL is brutal and unforgiving lol. Besides being uncomfortable, it looks odd to me, the way my neck is being squished, so I need to rectify it. For the record, I have a thin neck, not a big thick tree trunk of a neck, so my neck is not the issue.

So far I've tried a number of things to break in the leather in the neck hole and collar to make it more flexible so it curves around the neck better. It's helped a little but still isn't quite where I want it. Is it doable, and is there a preferred method? Or is it just shaped to hang this way no matter what

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21