Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

after LABOR DAY would you still wear bright summer colors & whites?

The flip flops in the snow gives a entire new meaning to the term, "toe jam"...
frozenfootviawwwpetercaga6.jpg

Can you tell which foot was in the flip flop and which wasn't? :p

JimWagner

Practically Family
I really thought the no white after Labor Day rule originated in the northeast, not the south. It stays hot longer down here and common sense dictates that you dress for the weather. Some years I've not worn winter clothes until mid January and then only a few short weeks.

I remember the Navy delaring we had to shift from summer whites to winter blues and the weather was still in the 90 degree range. Wool in 90 degree weather is absolutely insane. I swore then that once I was a civilian again no idiot was going to get away with arbitrarily dictating my seasonal wear.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Unfortunately, modern fashion is now dominated by California thinking -- so you have the insane spectacle of bare-legged women in open-toed sandals splashing thru Northeastern slush in January. Obviously this is intended for revenge for all the years where the Northeast exercised cultural hegemony over the rest of the country. OK, we get it, we're sorry. Now please tell these poor gals it's OK to wear closed shoes and stockings.

Unfortunately, modern fashion is now dominated by California thinking -- so you have the insane spectacle of bare-legged women in open-toed sandals splashing thru Northeastern slush in January. Obviously this is intended for revenge for all the years where the Northeast exercised cultural hegemony over the rest of the country. OK, we get it, we're sorry. Now please tell these poor gals it's OK to wear closed shoes and stockings.

But it is so amusing for us though. :p
Ok, ok, girls it is time to dress for the weather not for fashion or as if you lived in the tropics all year long. Done. :D

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I really thought the no white after Labor Day rule originated in the northeast, not the south. It stays hot longer down here and common sense dictates that you dress for the weather. Some years I've not worn winter clothes until mid January and then only a few short weeks.

I remember the Navy delaring we had to shift from summer whites to winter blues and the weather was still in the 90 degree range. Wool in 90 degree weather is absolutely insane. I swore then that once I was a civilian again no idiot was going to get away with arbitrarily dictating my seasonal wear.

I can give you an "amen"on that, sir!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It may be something they actually enjoy having all that "yuck" jammed up into the sandals/flip flops or open toed shoes....as you know, there are some VERY one slice short people out there....

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Wearing summer clothes in the middle of winter always baffled me. We had a collection of football players at the high school I went to the middle of Alaska that wore shorts and their letterman's jackets day in and day out throughout the year. No trousers, hats, gloves, scarves, etc. Where we lived it was -40 (F and C) for about two-three months of the year, bottoming out to -50 for a couple of weeks in January-February. These guys wore shorts straight through...

Wearing summer clothes in the middle of winter always baffled me. We had a collection of football players at the high school I went to the middle of Alaska that wore shorts and their letterman's jackets day in and day out throughout the year. No trousers, hats, gloves, scarves, etc. Where we lived it was -40 (F and C) for about two-three months of the year, bottoming out to -50 for a couple of weeks in January-February. These guys wore shorts straight through...

I think they might have gotten into a bit too many tackles--head on. :p:fing28::whistling

I climbed part of Glacier Park in the winter with two friends (we were all at UCLA at the time) in shorts and UCLA tank tops. We were protesting all the people in the RV's sitting in the parking lot looking at this beautiful site through binoculars! Some guys coming down in parkas thought we were nuts, but laughed when we told them why :)

I climbed part of Glacier Park in the winter with two friends (we were all at UCLA at the time) in shorts and UCLA tank tops. We were protesting all the people in the RV's sitting in the parking lot looking at this beautiful site through binoculars! Some guys coming down in parkas thought we were nuts, but laughed when we told them why :)

Were you on the UCLA football team? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy