Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aged Tan Cafe Racer is here

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Thanks my friend.
Yeah it looks like she will grow up to be a real heartbreaker. :)

Im planning a kids A2 for her, but its still a little early.

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
7.jpg

I think one other very nice thing about this jacket design is they attached the collar correctly (IMHO), so many cafe jackets have the collar stitched on outside on top of the shoulders instead being correctly stitched such that the collar emerges from beneath the shoulders. When done the 'wrong' way the collars always look "plopped on" the jacket. Never looks correct to me and is always the first thing I notice.

Last edited:

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
I broke down and put a very very light coat of picard's on it...really made it come alive, as the leather seemed slightly on the dry side when I received it. Feels like it is completely broken in already. I did stretch out the collar with warm water, which did the trick. The only thing that I don't care for about the jacket is the snap on the collar which is just too light weight. I told Amanda that they really need to go with more of a mid weight snap, so that it doesn't come undone. She was great and said that she would send me a couple of them, but if anyone orders one make a point of asking for a solid snap to begin with. Overall it is no where near as heavy duty as my HH Vanson Enfield for motorcycle riding protection, but the color and the "aging" that was done make it a great addition. Much more wearable than the Vanson, since it isn't too thick. You may also want to consider getting this color sans the aging, as I am not sure that it really needs it. I am sure that it will age well on it's own too.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
elrockers: I asked for Moira or Vicky since I have recieved the best jackets from them. But it is no difference on this one vs the one Moira made, so I am adding this name to the top makers at Aero.

CodeRed: Wierd, my snap is too hard. It is almost impossible to snap it, I kinda have to snap it before i zip it up. Doesnt matter because I dont ride and I cant see myself ever using it. Congratulations with the conditioner, did it make the jacket darker?
And also, im dying to see pics man, pull yourself together and snap some for us. :D

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Even though this thread is over 3.5 years old I just wanted to say that you've got a killer jacket there-- I love it, it might just be my favorite jacket I've seen on the Lounge so far. You may have convinced me to get a tan Aero racer myself... I was wondering if you could put up some pics of the now broken-in, worn & aged jacket? :)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
The jacket doesnt look that much different because I havent really worn it much!

I have gotten a little bigger so its kinda tight on me, and the weather for this kinds of jackets are very limited. Its often too cold for it up until its too hot for it. This is why I sold the 30 halfbelt in medium weight leather.

I did change the back to a one-piece back tho!

1.jpg

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I asked for it with higher armholes, but Aero said there was no need so this is standard. But remember the jacket is skintight on me I can just zip it up. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy