Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aging beautifully and gracefully, then vs now: Who did it better?

MissMittens

One Too Many
It's interesting reading about actresses from the Golden Era and how they responded to aging...all of them had to deal with the age barrier in a different way than men did (and that continues to this day). There was plastic surgery back then, too, and I think it would be naive to believe they didn't take advantage of it. Reading Marlene Dietrich's biography written by her daughter was fascinating with the routines and tricks she would use to mask the effects of aging.

I apparently don't look my age; I dye my hair and don't act like a normal boring "grown up". I don't act or dress like an 18 year old either, I just do my own thing. The usual stuff applies as well: I try to eat decently, exercise a lot, wear sunscreen as often as possible, drink a ridiculous amount of water, etc. Is that aging gracefully? Meh, don't know and don't care...as long as I don't end up with blue helmet hair, I think I'll be OK!

RD

God, I remember old ladies with blue hair..........lol

Hi Folks

Barbra Eden from the " I Dream Of Genie" show from years back comes to mind. I saw her doing an interview about a month ago, she still looks great. She was my boyhood fantasy girl.. LOL Long,long time ago.
Best regards
CCJOE

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
In my book .....there is one... and only one ... I kiss the ground she walks on
bow_down_before_you-960_zps8825f4c9.gif
only because she looks so well after all these years (I don't give a fig or two what she has done or not.... she looks terrific ...God bless her soul and the souls of all women her age who look like her... in my opinion of course!)

she is late 50s soon to be 60,something like that .... age is a number and she knows it!

Christie-Brinkley-then-now-1.jpg

in 2012 .... ;):eusa_clap
Celebs-Attend-Heart-Truth-Red-Dress-Fashion-Show-in-NYC-1-670x1024.jpg

MissMittens

One Too Many
In my book .....there is one... and only one ... I kiss the ground she walks on
bow_down_before_you-960_zps8825f4c9.gif
only because she looks so well after all these years (I don't give a fig or two what she has done or not.... she looks terrific ...God bless her soul and the souls of all women her age who look like her... in my opinion of course!)

she is late 50s soon to be 60,something like that .... age is a number and she knows it!

Christie-Brinkley-then-now-1.jpg

in 2012 .... ;):eusa_clap
Celebs-Attend-Heart-Truth-Red-Dress-Fashion-Show-in-NYC-1-670x1024.jpg

I like the Now more than the Then :D

Never happen, but I'd so totally go there :lol:

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Hadley I agree with you about Christie! I'm sure she has had "work" but it's very natural-looking. And by work I mean anti-aging. The rest of her looks like nature put it there.

Paul Roerich

"A List" Customer
Two.......words?

Pale and voluptuous are good; but so are olive-skinned, slender, and long-waisted. Think Phoebe Cates in the '80s (and she still looks cute today, BTW).

PhoebeCates-photo-wallpaper-5_zps9ab7f316.jpg

Or, if you prefer, Yasmeen Ghauri in the '90s (and she is now a lovely 41-year-old mother of two).

yghauri_94juncov_german_zps3892d403.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR