Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aging beautifully and gracefully, then vs now: Who did it better?

MissMittens

One Too Many
You're right. Problem was, she was much more immature than me.........she was a "party girl" who never quite grew up. She also tried to hide a major alcohol abuse problem. Even though a few women in their upper 40's turn my head, I have resolved to leave well enough alone, and date within my agegroup. Safer that way, mentally, financially, and physically :lol:

2009128174423_cougar-4.jpg

Last edited:

MissMittens

One Too Many
I got allergies around age 19, and the severity comes and goes each year. It started when I got my first cat, and now I have seasonal allergies, and even an allergy to some food product that the doctors haven't yet nailed down (scratch tests didn't reveal anything specific). I've learned to carry an Epipen to restaurants I've never been to before. Age could be a factor, but my guess is that it's just like aging and being influenced by environment....

I never suffered from allergies until I moved to Deluwhere.......but I was also getting older, so I'm not sure whether it's age or environmental

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Allergies.......yes, I forgot about that. I now have allergies I never had. I didn't equate that with an advancement in age though.....

YES! My allergies are just terrible! I never had them until I was about 23. When I was about 33 they started to become over-the-top. My skin allergies also began to awaken about then. Before that I never had hand excema. But...my dad has hand excema so it was likely it was to happen to me! I also need to use moisturizer on my face in the winter. I have NEVER had to use mosturizer in my life lol

Spose you're bound to run into those. I've met some older women who I got along with well, very pretty, too. Sometimes you just have to know that more likely than not, age difference will get in the way.

You're right. Problem was, she was much more immature than me.........she was a "party girl" who never quite grew up. She also tried to hide a major alcohol abuse problem. Even though a few women in their upper 40's turn my head, I have resolved to leave well enough alone, and date within my agegroup. Safer that way, mentally, financially, and physically :lol:

MissMittens

One Too Many
YES! My allergies are just terrible! I never had them until I was about 23. When I was about 33 they started to become over-the-top. My skin allergies also began to awaken about then. Before that I never had hand excema. But...my dad has hand excema so it was likely it was to happen to me! I also need to use moisturizer on my face in the winter. I have NEVER had to use mosturizer in my life lol

I had a little excema when I was young but I grew out of it. I wonder if my allergies are connected? I haven't really looked into it, been far too busy with my other health issues to really explore the causes. I use moisturizer for men almost daily because of the chemicals in the air around here.....after moving here my skin developed a greyish tinge, since I've been using moisturizer on the advice of my PCP, that went away, so I've been doing it ever since.

I swear I'm like a girl sometimes, lol!!

MissMittens

One Too Many
Spose you're bound to run into those. I've met some older women who I got along with well, very pretty, too. Sometimes you just have to know that more likely than not, age difference will get in the way.

Worked for my parents, although the other way around. My mom was 25 yrs his junior. It's worked for friends of mine, in the 15-20+ older range, so I don't think it's the age that gets in the way. Maturity issues, and expectations, like in any relationships, seem to be the killers.

m0nk

One Too Many
Worked for my parents, although the other way around. My mom was 25 yrs his junior. It's worked for friends of mine, in the 15-20+ older range, so I don't think it's the age that gets in the way. Maturity issues, and expectations, like in any relationships, seem to be the killers.
Exactly. My first wife and I were a couple years apart, but her mentality was that of a 21-year-old when she was in her mid-30's. Once her drunken partying endangered my son, that was it...

Happily remarried now, but her immaturity made me more wary of behavioral tendencies in just about any situation.

Sometimes it works, certainly. My parents and grandparents are both six years apart and you'd never know it. I had a lady try to pick me up at the bar who's son was older than me. I can just see that being an issue down the road.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'm getting solicitations for AARP membership, which will happen to every single one of you when your 50th birthday draws near, and the whole thing strikes me as ridiculous because I don't expect ever to "retire." Nor will I be one of these insufferable people who get all offended when you ask them at the box office window if they want "regular" or "senior" tickets. I'll grab every senior discount I can get as soon as they start offering them to me.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm getting solicitations for AARP membership, which will happen to every single one of you when your 50th birthday draws near, and the whole thing strikes me as ridiculous because I don't expect ever to "retire." Nor will I be one of these insufferable people who get all offended when you ask them at the box office window if they want "regular" or "senior" tickets. I'll grab every senior discount I can get as soon as they start offering them to me.

I've been getting those since 35!

My dad's in the AARP and it cracks me up lol The guy looks like he's 35 and is in better shape than I am!

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab

Don't wait to be asked! I have been asking for senior discounts since I was 48. I get them too if the sales clerk is young enough. Sometimes a more "mature" clerk will say "you don't look 65" I say "I take vitamins" ha ha ha ha ha busted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda