Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Air Show photos some of you might like...

p51

One Too Many
Just got back from a halfway decent local show. We had a threat of rain but nary a drop. We did have very stiff breezes, though.
MustangOly09b.jpg

My ride:
b25Jeep.jpg

JeepWarco09.jpg

With a 1941 Ford GP:
JeepPair09.jpg

And I still can't get over how freakishly large I look in this photo! :eusa_doh:
LeeWarCoOly09-1.jpg

DannyBoy

New in Town
Ha, I really like the impromptu office you've got set up in the back of your jeep :eusa_clap ! Nothin' beats a beautiful pine desk filled with food courtesy of the Heinz Co. eh? Is that a Corona Zephyr you've got?

p51

One Too Many
DannyBoy said:
Ha, I really like the impromptu office you've got set up in the back of your jeep
It is a sore spot with me that so many people in re-enacting who decide to put together a correspondent impression wind up with a field desk and more equipment than a Battalion’s personnel section ever had. In fact, correspondents had to beg, borrow or steal rides where they could. The Public Relations Sections of the units they operated with were supposed to provide this but rarely did. So they had to travel extremely light. You’re hard pressed to find any period photos of a correspondent anywhere near the front lines with anything more than a typewriter on a field table. These original photos (Murlin Spencer and Howell Dodd of the AP) show the most likely “offices” you’d ever find in the field in WW2:
MurlinSpencerAP.jpg

Dodd3.jpg

DannyBoy said:
Is that a Corona Zephyr you've got?
No, not one of those but something equally rare. It’s a Hermes Featherweight. A lucky score off eBay, it is stamped with the name and serial # of the Captain who used it in WW2! It’s one of three period machines I have.
ThreeMachines.jpg

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I have a Corona Speedline just like that, but I'm having trouble figuring out what ribbon to get for it, and where. Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks!
p51 said:
No, not one of those but something equally rare. It’s a Hermes Featherweight. A lucky score off eBay, it is stamped with the name and serial # of the Captain who used it in WW2! It’s one of three period machines I have.
ThreeMachines.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy