Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Adventurer Alliance

One of the Regulars
Rick Blaine said:
Boy oh boy, Peter's is always on our list when were up that'a way!

:D

You sound just like my Father-in-Law! lol I am sure he may have 'forgotten' to turn in some of his gats when the law came into effect :D ...I am sure his basement looks like a "guns & ammo" centerfold. :eek: They DO say AB. is the most "USA" like of the provinces... I love it all the same! :p

Guns and Ammo is a great mag. Your father in law sounds like a gentleman and a scholar!! ;)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
AlanC said:
Welcome to the Alliance, Rick and Tom. :eusa_clap

Tom, so what happened to the first Adventurer--or dare I ask?

Ummm... let's just say that it wasn't a good day for it to be the third box with a hat in it to arrive that day. :eek: She got over it which is why I got the second one, but not until her point had been made. I hadn't had time to tell her I'd just been hired at a new job.

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Alan, Colby Jack!

I'm now an Adult Education Instructor, teaching HTML (which I don't know) and Computer Service and Repair. Last night one of my students told me that he feels under-dressed when he comes in to class compared to me--I told him that was the whole idea! ;)

I saw that hat, Rick. Dunno who it is, though.

Cheers,
Tom

fedoracpa

New in Town
I guess it is time for me to fess up:

I was hoping no one would see my Ebay posting...but it was caught.

No offense to the other Adventurer Alliance members, but the more I looked at the hat and my wife was not thrilled with it, I decided that I should give someone else the opportunity to wear the hat that would enjoy it much more than me. It would have probably collected dust in my closet more than it would be on my head. I think the hat looks great on many of you, but I just could not sell the look to myself as much as I tried to.

I shall now gracefully bow out of the AAA...

fedoracpa

New in Town
Unfortunately, I made only a few dollars. I charged $10 for shipping USPS Priority Mail, and when I went to the post office, since it was being shipped to Colorado and I live in Pennsylvania - they charged me $21.50 to ship it. If I would have known that, I would have shipped UPS instead, but it was too late since I advertised on the listing that I would ship priority mail.

Rick Blaine - thanks for keeping me in the AAA in some status, hopefully whomever I sold the hat to will become a member.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm working on rebashing my Adventurer. My bashing skills are pretty much zero, so I figured it was time for some on the job training with it. This is after some work last night with a water spritzer. I keep trying to get the center dent straighter/less wide, but the hat wants to return back to its old center dent dimensions, I think. Any thoughts?

akubraadventurerrebash1yd1.jpg

I gave the safari style bash an attempt, similar to the Optimo picture I posted earlier, but the crown height on the Adventurer isn't high enough to do it well.

Rick Blaine

My Adventurer Mods...

In trying to "I.J." the Adventurer a little more I made a few minor mods; tightened the pinch which had the effect of giving the brim in front allot more "swoop" & teardropped the crown (I know, I know, NOT very IJ)... whatcha'll think?

adventurer_mod_2.jpg

Adventurere_mod_3.jpg

adventurer_mod_on_head.jpg

AlanC

Very nice, RB. You did a good job fighting the inherent taper in the hat, too. I need to tighten up my pinch more. Did you wet it and/or use a clip?

Rick Blaine

AlanC said:
Very nice, RB. You did a good job fighting the inherent taper in the hat, too. I need to tighten up my pinch more. Did you wet it and/or use a clip?

Naw... that is all dry by hand coaxing. The felt is so soft I'd be hesitant to "clip it" I am afraid you would then be left w/ the indentations left by the clip.
I would still like to shave 1/4" or so offa the brim. I think this might have the effect of making the crown appear higher to mitigate & further obscure its "Jackaroo" ancestry.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
That looks great!

I'd still like to get another, one size bigger...I wonder if we can find more?
Although I've done a few searches to seee if it pops up anywhere...But to no avail....[huh] :eusa_doh:

One of the Regulars
Well, I am finally an official member of the Adventurer Alliance. My hat finally arrived last Friday. It was actually on it's way back to the store because UPS cannot deliver to a PO box. I had asked the nice lady at Outback Outlet to send it via USPS but in all the excitement she must have forgotten. Finally someone at UPS got the brainstorm to phone me and make alternate arrangments for delivery, just barely in time. Why in hell don't these courier companies tell the customer that they will not be able to complete the contract at the point of shipping?
Anyway, the hat is great, I really like it and it fits pretty well, although if I get chance to buy another one size larger, I'll take it. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo