Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Adventurer Alliance

fedoracpa

New in Town
I hope my fellow Adventurer owners don't mind me being so bold, but I think we settled on the name for our new thread for pictures and whatever else of our new Adventurers.

When I first got the hat out of the box, I was surprised with the color. It is much more a light tan/camel color than I thought. From the pictures on the Outback's website, it looked more of a darker shade of brown. But hey, I wanted a tan/camel color hat anyhow, so here I go! The style is a bit different than what I prefer. Does anyone know if the brim can be shaped upward along the backs and sides? It seems to me that it may be impossible or difficult to do, but I am such a novice that I really don't know what I am talking about, only speculating. As for the size, it fits good. I normally wear a 7 5/8, but sometimes they are slightly loose. The Adventurer is a 7 3/8 but fits well, it is snug but not too tight.

This is the first Akubra that I have ever laid hands on. I am very impressed with the felt as compared to my contemporary Dobbs and Stetsons. At first, I was not sure if I was going to keep the hat, but in the end I think I will. If I don't wear it with my suits to work, I think it will be a great casual hat to wear with a brown leather coat on the weekends.

HPIM0465.jpg

Please mind the tags hanging off the back, I left them on at first as I was not sure if I was going to keep the hat or not!

HPIM0463.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'll try a better shot later on, but my photographer is gone at the moment. Here's a quick 'Douglas', though:

p1011208ok2.jpg

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
What stunning hats!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Everyone looks fantastic so far!!!..I'm working on getting mine to fit a little better...and I'll get some shots tomorrow. It's starting to loosen up, but now I know to get a (61-7 5/8 )next time...
The girlfriend was asked what she thought about the new Adventurer...Her words..."It's a hat"....Ah well....

AlanC

There's no question it has taper. It has a bit of that Outback look, which isn't surprising coming from Akubra. It's certainly not a Federation clone, but it's probably a more 'authentic' Akubra style drawing on their Outback roots.

Edit: 1000 posts! (another monument to wasted time on the Internet)

apipeguy

One of the Regulars
Alan & Fcpa! looks good. Fcpa, maybe you could style the back of the hat. What do they call that? turn it up?

deanglen

AlanC said:
There's no question it has taper. It has a bit of that Outback look, which isn't surprising coming from Akubra. It's certainly not a Federation clone, but it's probably a more 'authentic' Akubra style drawing on their Outback roots.

Edit: 1000 posts! (another monument to wasted time on the Internet)

Yippee! Yahoo! The Big Grand of Posts!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap You've joined the Millennium Club! Congrats!;)

dean

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Here's mine...
colbyjack-adventurer.jpg

Though I'm wishing it was a 61 rather than a 60...It's very soft though, and will make a great everyday hat, considering the cost....

One of the Regulars
Oh, these pics are great. The Adventurer looks even better than I'd hoped. The pic on the Outbackoutlet site didn't do it justice. Only trouble is that ColbyJack got my size 60, I had to go for a size 59. Hope it's loose like fedoracpa's.

Rick Blaine

007 said:
Oh, these pics are great. The Adventurer looks even better than I'd hoped. The pic on the Outbackoutlet site didn't do it justice. Only trouble is that ColbyJack got my size 60, I had to go for a size 59. Hope it's loose like fedoracpa's.

007, no question, these all have a bit of 'give'. More so even than my reg. Federation w/ the 'Imperial' felt... far better sweatband too in the 'Heritage' felt line, both of which bode well if you plan to give this a bit of a stretch. If you haven't yet invested in a small stretcher, it might be justified now... I am, myself, either a 59 or 60, depending... & my 59 fit as though it were made for me.
:eek:fftopic: - where are you in AB.? My wife is a 3rd generation Calgarian (her G'pa was at the 1st Stampede! All grew up in Bridgeland.) & if I had my druthers, I'd be north of the 48th!!! I absolutely love Alberta, I am homesick for it now. In fact here are three pins that are soon to be on three of my vintage fedoras ;

Canadian_leigion.jpg

Albertawildlifepin.jpg

Albertacurlingpin.jpg

The 3rd one is my fav :D .... we now return your your regularly scheduled "Akubra Adventurer Alliance" thread...

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Cool Pins Rick

Great pins...
Ya know I thought there would be a bit more of a flood of pics and such for this hat...So did only 4 of us buy one?...:rolleyes:
I am quite happy with it though...What a difference compared to my Snowy River....Tissue paper and card board...What a difference. I wonder how the feds or squatter/bushman compare in feel....?
In wonderland
Colby Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo