Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft Question

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
Good day all, would like an opinion. I'm getting a new Campdraft soon and cannot decide on color. It's between the Taupe Fawn or the Silverbelly. I like both but I'm wondering which one will be more versatile? Any thoughts?

My opinion for what it is worth.......I am very conventional when it comes to colour co-ordination. I wear my Brown tone hats with my brown jackets/boots and my Grey/Navy hats with my black jackets/boots and shoes. I do not have one hat that can straddle both worlds. In my view a hat either has brown tones or grey/black tones and never the twain shall meet. Even my Granite felt seems more brown toned to me and I wear it with my brown toned wardrobe. In your shoes I would look at what/where/when would the hat be worn and with what clothing/shoes and then choose the hat accordingly. Or often my response has been to buy both and be done with it!!!

RJR

My opinion for what it is worth.......I am very conventional when it comes to colour co-ordination. I wear my Brown tone hats with my brown jackets/boots and my Grey/Navy hats with my black jackets/boots and shoes. I do not have one hat that can straddle both worlds. In my view a hat either has brown tones or grey/black tones and never the twain shall meet. Even my Granite felt seems more brown toned to me and I wear it with my brown toned wardrobe. In your shoes I would look at what/where/when would the hat be worn and with what clothing/shoes and then choose the hat accordingly. Or often my response has been to buy both and be done with it!!!
I tend to agree but I have four and if I had to limit to one for multiple colors it would be silver belly.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
SB CD is my least favorite hat of my entire collection

the Taupe is really nice

any interest in waiting for the new brown to drop next month ?

sounds like it may be the nicest of all

Last edited:

rclark

Call Me a Cab

the Taupe is really nice

Anthony @moontheloon , is the new brown color a mid-brown like the RM or even darker? I really like the taupe and I love the mid-brown on the RM. Although Akubra calls the RM mid-brown, it appears dark brown with a greenish hue to my eye. The RM is my favorite Akubra (after re-shaping).

RJR

The color of Silverbelly ain't what it used to be.
Hat-Akubra-DLX CD SB-1.jpg

I tend to agree but this CD Deluxe is a pretty versatile color.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Anthony @moontheloon , is the new brown color a mid-brown like the RM or even darker? I really like the taupe and I love the mid-brown on the RM. Although Akubra calls the RM mid-brown, it appears dark brown with a greenish hue to my eye. The RM is my favorite Akubra (after re-shaping).
they call it Cedar Brown ... there are other hats in this color if you search

it's a pretty dark brown as far as I can see from pictures

this is the cedar brown

http://www.hatsbythe100.com.au/akubra-hampton-ceder-brown.html

daddy0d0

A-List Customer

the Taupe is really nice

Did not know there was a new brown coming out. I think I will wait.

they call it Cedar Brown ... there are other hats in this color if you search

it's a pretty dark brown as far as I can see from pictures

this is the cedar brown

http://www.hatsbythe100.com.au/akubra-hampton-ceder-brown.html
I would think "Cedar Brown" should have some red undertones to it? My Akubra MBCD has some red undertones to it. The ribbon does also. I don't see the green. Don't know how it differs from an RM, never having owned one.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would wait for the brown or go for the fawn. I treat my hats very well but my lighter colours seem to get marks on them over time.
My two cents worth anyway.
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points