Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Happy to hear you finally received it jhe! The crease looks good from here, but the best way for us to determine whether or not it's "right" for you is to see a head shot. Even then, I think the crease is almost always something of a work in progress--a little adjusting here and there to get it just right.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Hello jhe888 and welcome to the Lounge! I too have a Silverbelly Heritage Campdraft also from Hatsdirect, it's one of my favorite hats, it get a lot of wear. Your crease job is fantastic! You've inspired me to go to work to improve mine. You did a great job on it! I see you've also been blessed with a coal bucket cranium. :) I'm also a 63 and a LO to boot! Congrats on the Campdraft, I'm sure it looks great on you. Wear it proudly!!

jhe888

One of the Regulars
I think my perfect size in the Campdraft would be a 62 long oval. I have my eye on a Federation, and I think the 63 will be good in that hat, since it is reportedly made on a slightly smaller block. This oversized melon makes finding hats tough. Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited:

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know if you are thinking about a campdraft they are down to $84 US right now at Everything Australian at the moment. Most of the colors have a three month wait but that price is hard to beat!

jweaks

New in Town
I just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know if you are thinking about a campdraft they are down to $84 US right now at Everything Australian at the moment. Most of the colors have a three month wait but that price is hard to beat!

Yep, I'm jumping in at that price. The green I think.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would be too if I didn't have one in the works with Art and an Adam homburg coming in the mail today. Thats too good of a price to pass up! You won't go wrong with the Bluegrass green

viclip

Practically Family
I ordered the Campdraft in Bluegrass Green from Everything Australian last night. According to the dropdown list on their website, it's in stock so hopefully my latest acquisition will arrive shortly.

I already have the Moonstone Gray version however, based on the numerous recommendations I've seen here, I realized that I absolutely needed the Bluegrass Green one too. The open crown will allow me to easily differentiate the new hat via creasing & pinching if I'm so inclined.

DougC

Practically Family
I just gave my Heritage Campdraft to my mother-in-law to wear at cowboy shoots yesterday (it was too big for me and rode down by ears!). A vendor came over to her and asked what kind of hat it was...because it looked so sharp! I really need to get one of those in my true size!

smokepiper

New in Town
Got mine from EA last week. Dry bashed it with a nice deep 6 point. I had the rain set it on a fishing trip to western North Carolina last weekend. Really a great hat. I had a bit of an issue with the liner opening at tieback and the plastic tip sticking to my bald head, but great wearing, tough outdoor hat

Also, if there is any interest, I'm raising money for Movember and male cancer research. You can check it out and donate here. http://mobro.co/cmrubber

tommyK

One Too Many
My silverbelly Campdraft has been my go-to rain hat
photo2_zpsfa3d4018.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
My new (and final? famous last words since this is CD #4) Campdraft Heritage Grade – this one in Silverbelly.

Arrival in open crown yesterday:

A quick dry bash:

Final crease after steaming last night (last photo is the closest to the right color):

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran