Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra colour comparison needed

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
Does anyone out there have a Glen Grey Campdraft they can put next to either a Moonstone or Carbon Akubra for a colour comparison? I'm trying to see how much darker the grey is than Moonstone. Tks.

tortswon

Practically Family
Triple F, maybe you should send your request to one of the merchants. The colors are so close that I suspect not many Loungers have both colors. Best, Sam

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
The carbon grey is definitely darker than moonstone....

There are a bunch of us trying to get Akubra to make the CD in Moonstone....

Remember the colors change with the lighting and the camera used but back in June a of us started emailing and asking for a Moonstone color to be added to the CD line... it is a much lighter grey .

Check out this thread for a pick of the CD in Carbon Grey, as a matter of fact a lot of pics with just about all the colors if you take the time to work your way through the whole thread...

If You are interested it wouldn't hurt if you would email them also and ask for the lighter grey (moonstone) to be added, we just might get what we want if they know a lot of people are interested in buying it....

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=34439&page=29

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Here you go

I probably owe you a couple 3F, hope this helps. I ike grey, one to match all my moods... :D

Moonstone/top, Carbon/left, and Glen Grey/Right

Fed_Sqt_GGCD.jpg

Fed_Sqt_GGCD_top.jpg

Carbon vs Moonstone...

carbon_moonstone.jpg

Glen Grey vs Moonstone

GlenGrey_Moonstone.jpg

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
PERFECT!!! :eusa_clap

That's exactly what I was looking for Chuck, thanks a million and now I guess I have to order one real soon (already have a mid-brown on order for sometime in November).

I really do love all the enablers here on FL :D

elvisroe

A-List Customer
Before stumbling across the lounge I never would have considered a lighter grey hat but I all the great examples that keep cropping up are making it hard to resist. I love the matched ribbon on those lighter ones chuck!

Sadly Akubra seems to have stopped doing the cruiser grey/moonstone in most models but there's a little Hampton in the City that is calling my name.

Trying....to...re..sist.....!

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
elvisroe said:
Before stumbling across the lounge I never would have considered a lighter grey hat but I all the great examples that keep cropping up are making it hard to resist. I love the matched ribbon on those lighter ones chuck!

Sadly Akubra seems to have stopped doing the cruiser grey/moonstone in most models but there's a little Hampton in the City that is calling my name.

Trying....to...re..sist.....!

Resistance is FUTILE, you WILL BE ASSIMILATED !!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart