Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Delays

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Just got word from Everything Australian today that my new Stylemaster won't be shipped until at least next week. I ordered it on January 5, and have been promised that it will ship "next week" since. EA says the delay is coming from Akubra having been "off on break."

Anyone else have Akubra orders that are being delayed?

tracyam

One of the Regulars
I'm still waiting on a Campdraft from Everything Australian that I ordered Nov. 24. I knew there was a 3 month wait but it seems like some people have gotten their orders in less than 3...wish they'd hurry with mine.

panama jack

One of the Regulars
I ordered a medium grey Stylemaster on 10/4 and I'm still waiting for it. I did get a note from E.A. on 1/8 telling me that the hat is in and would be shipped that day. I'm still waiting for it :eusa_doh:

panama jack

One of the Regulars
nickn5 said:
Do these delays apply also to orders from hatsdirect? Or just EA?

N. :)

I think it all depends on what you order. My Stylemaster was a custom order because I requested a different color ribbon around the crown. The normal delivery time from E.A. is 10 to 14 days according to their website.

pj

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I ordered two Stylemasters from EA on three-month delay (because of my giant head) on Oct. 28, and so was hoping to receive them soon.

Here's hoping, and fingers crossed.

kiltie

Practically Family
Delay on a Campdraft from Hatsdirect: ordered mid-December, told it would be back ordered 'til late Feb. I blame them for FORCING me to buy three other hats in the meantime....[huh]

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Thought I'd look on the Akubra website to contact them and ask if turbo hares or balding rabbits were making the hunting difficult, hence the delays... but there's no email link, just phone and post address :eek: Oh well...

N. :D :D

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
panama jack said:
I think it all depends on what you order. My Stylemaster was a custom order because I requested a different color ribbon around the crown. The normal delivery time from E.A. is 10 to 14 days according to their website.

pj

Nothing special on mine. Mid-gray Stylemaster. Nothing on the EA website about delays from Akubra. Ordered on 1/5. The very next day I got an email from Sam saying the hat would ship the following week. The next week, I got an email saying the hat would ship the next week. This week, I got an email saying the hat will be shipped next week . . .

Sam blames Akubra for the delay. He has been responsive, but I'm put out that there was absolutely zero notice on the website that it could take a minimum of three weeks for EA to even get the freakin' hat from Akubra.

I paid for the hat the night I ordered it, so I've asked Sam to refund some of the price. Seems fair to me. According to the website, the hat should have shipped in two to three days. Shipping should have taken about 10 days. I understand that those are estimates, but s**t, Sam doesn't even actually know when he'll have the hat to ship at this point.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
RBH said:
Akubra's are great hats for the money...
but to keep on saying ..
well we have another delay.
I would get tire of that.

I agree that it's going to be a great hat, and the wait wouldn't bother me if I had been told about it up front. I actually considered a moonstone, which would have been a three-month wait. Eventually, I decided to go ahead with the darker gray for now because I only have one gray hat in my collection at the moment and get a moonstone later. It's beginning to look like I should have gone ahead and gotten the moonstone.

I also appreciate Sam being responsive, but we've passed the point at which another "It'll ship next week" will work. Either that hat goes on a plane next week or EA is giving me my money back and I'll order from HatsDirect.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gilgamark said:
I agree that it's going to be a great hat, and the wait wouldn't bother me if I had been told about it up front. I actually considered a moonstone, which would have been a three-month wait. Eventually, I decided to go ahead with the darker gray for now because I only have one gray hat in my collection at the moment and get a moonstone later. It's beginning to look like I should have gone ahead and gotten the moonstone.

I also appreciate Sam being responsive, but we've passed the point at which another "It'll ship next week" will work. Either that hat goes on a plane next week or EA is giving me my money back and I'll order from HatsDirect.

Gil do you trust this store to know what they are doing? Hats Direct informed me before charging me that there would be a delay. No emails no phony promises. I don't care about the wait I care about is accurate communication[huh]

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Got mine today

I recieved my Camp Draft from Ron at HatsDirect today. It was ordered on January 6. He had told me I should have it by 2 weeks from order date - he missed it by one day. It wasn't a special order, in stock Taupe Fawn. It was my first order from them and I'll have to say they were very helpful answering all my questions timely before I ordered. It fits just like he said it would - I am a very satisfied customer. I'll order again. Silverbelly is next!

Preacher Man
Philippians 4:13

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I ordered one of those "3-month wait" hats, which is due in Feb.

I know that Akubra shuts down for a while near the holidays, and I see these kinds of threads every January. Simple fact is, delivery times will depend upon what's sittingin the warehouse, what models get cranked out first upon re-start, and the demand. Campdrafts, for instance, are becoming very popular and are now available from several vendors. The more people waiting, the longer it'll take to get enough made.

Be patient. Akubra always comes through, and both Hatdirect and AE are reputable and honest dealers. They are not delaying your hat unless Akubra hasn't supplied it yet.

Swagman

New in Town
Not-Bogart13 said:
Be patient. Akubra always comes through, and both Hatdirect and AE are reputable and honest dealers. They are not delaying your hat unless Akubra hasn't supplied it yet.

True enough and the Aussies are a mellow breed.

I suspect, but have no evidence of such, that since it is Summer in Australia that they are filling some local demand for hats like the Cattleman and Snowy River.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot