Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra "Fedora" model?

Alchemy5150

New in Town
Has anyone bought the Akubra Fedora model? If so what do you think. I'm so happy with my Fed IV that I'm kinda interested in adding to my collection. Thanks.

Goose.

Practically Family
GET ONE!

You'll love it!

I have the "Sydney" in Charcoal from David Morgan. The "Sydney" and "Fedora" from Akubra are the same lid.

It's my second Sydney. The first was too small (59) so I gave it to a buddy. Had it for about a decade and it was still nice. Now I have one that fits (60) and it's a keeper. Noticeably softer than the Federation IV Deluxe. The Fedora/Sydney is such a comfortable hat.

But...truth be told...I like my Federation IV Deluxe better.

Here's the bash du jour...

470374836_bdBHB-S-2.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Goose. said:

Here's the bash du jour...[/COLOR]
470374836_bdBHB-S-2.jpg

I've seen a few of your hat tricks by now, Goose, but that one's the best so far! Give it a pinch. That tall look is great on you.

Who's the guy with the smoke?

david7

New in Town
Hello All

I have been visiting The Fedora Lounge for several years now and figured it's about time I introduce myself! I have been wearing a Fedora for about five years and I must say I wish I had started earlier. Anyway, to keep a long story short, I went through the Ebay thing acquiring several nice vintage hats before I finally discovered Akubra. I have a black Federation I bought about a year and a half ago from Hats Direct which I had been wearing every day since I received it. Just recently I bought an Akubra Fedora in Carbon Grey, also from Hats Direct, which I have been alternating wearing between the Federation. I am wearing the Fedora in my Avatar. I have to say that the Fedora is very much like the vintage fedoras that I own in its softness (Hand) and its pliability. The sweatband is thicker and softer that the Federation and I can shape it any way I like without the use of water or steam. Basically it fits like a glove! My Federation is my standby for inclement weather: it's as tough as steel and can take the elements. Right now I am waiting for my third acquisition to arrive from Hats Direct: a Campdraft in Glen Grey. I look forward to posting more in the future and it's a pleasure to join this site!

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Welcome!

Welcome to the Lounge david7. Sounds like you have an appreciation for the Akubra line as well. Be sure to post some pics of that Campdraft when it arrives!

Goose.

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:
Got that same jacket Goose, a father's day gift last year. Going to wearing with my Campdraft this weekend...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Fellow Eagle Scout, OA Brother, Scoot Rider, and we have the same jacket. LOL. Well, that is my favorite jacket. Kids got that for me about a year or two ago for my birthday. Matches all my felts ;)

CRH said:
I've seen a few of your hat tricks by now, Goose, but that one's the best so far! Give it a pinch. That tall look is great on you.

Who's the guy with the smoke?
Thanks for the comment CRH :) That's nice of you to post. Yeah, I like it much better being taller in front. Saw Skybue's post of his Sydney so I gave it a try. Maybe I'll pinch it up some. Need to start wearing it again.

As for the guy with the smoke...he's bummed that the little gent next to him has never had a drink with him after all the years being at the same watering hole. Think he has hat envy ;)

david7 said:
I have been visiting The Fedora Lounge for several years now and figured it's about time I introduce myself! ...
Just recently I bought an Akubra Fedora in Carbon Grey, also from Hats Direct, which I have been alternating wearing between the Federation. I am wearing the Fedora in my Avatar. ...
I look forward to posting more in the future and it's a pleasure to join this site!
As ValEag posted, Welcome David7. Hope to see more of your posts :)
After I posted that I like my Fed IV better than my Sydney...I started to think more about it. They really are two different hats. The Sydney (Fedora) is indeed softer and, as you said, fits like a glove.

Guess it's the ""new car smell" thing I got going on with my Federation (only had it about a week). I wore the Fed today and it was a warmer day. I've worn my Sydney on hotter days and can tell you, it's gonna be my summer felt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner