Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra hat color question

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Ok, I have a quick question.

What is the color difference between a Moonstone, Glen Grey, and Silberbelly in hats.

I currently have a Stylemaster in Moonstone, and I'm thinking of getting a Campdraft in either Glen Grey or Silberbelly.

I love the Moonstone, but I don't want two hats that are too similar in color.

Can someone put up a picture with the differences?

Thanks!

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Akubra colors

There are some excellent photos of Akubras on this site. The search engine is an essential tool. Find the Federation IV photos to get a good idea about Moonstone.

Also, I have used this as a quick reference :

http://www.akubra.com.au/products_country.html

I have a Stylemaster in moonstone en route. I do not expect to confuse it with my grey one, or with my grey Squatter.

By the way, the Camp Draft in Bluegrass Green is playing well.

Cheers !

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Akubra colors

My response was not completely responsive.

I don't think either the Glen Grey or Silverbelly would be a disappointment for you.

I hope to switch primarily to a Camp Draft or Stetson Open Road in Silverbelly for the summer months.

Akubra's Silver Belly is fairly tan compared to Stetson or Resistol.
Glen Grey is a darker grey than Moonstone.
I have Campdrafts in silver belly & glen grey. Would love to have one in Moonstone but the campaign never materialized.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Glen Gray

I'm thinking of the Campdraft in Silverbelly for summer. Plus, it looks a little more casual to me. I figure I can wear it while I'm not in a suite or sport coat.

So the Campdraft in Silverbelly is a little tan?

I'm fairly pale, would the tan "wash" me out?

The Taupe Faun looks more tan to me.

However I'm guessing a lighter color hat would be better for the summer months.

This is me in my Moonstone.
Stylemaster%202.JPG

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
You'll find better pictures (ones taken in all kinds of light with all kinds of cameras) if you search in the Akubra Overload thread, but here are mine:

Stockman in Glen Grey:
STOCKMN1.JPG

Glen Grey is a nice medium blue-grey. Considerably darker than Moonstone, but also considerably lighter than the very dark Carbon Grey (aka Steel Grey and Mid-Grey). It matches well with blue, black, and grey.

Cattleman in Sand/Silverbelly:
CATLMN1.JPG

Silverbelly is really an off-white/very light beige color - there's nothing silver/grey about it! It matches well with tan, khaki, brown, and passably with black - but not really blue or grey.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Great Picks

It looks like Silverbelly may be the way to go. Taupe Faun looks good too, but I'm not sure how I'll look in a Taupe (tan) hat.

I'll check out the other thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24