Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

mercuryfelt76

One of the Regulars
This is the Akubra I lived in when I spent a year on a working holiday in Australia.
IMAG0826.jpg

This is the Koolabah

IMAG0824.jpg

IMAG0825.jpg

This is the Country Club which is the cricket umpire hat

IMAG0821.jpg

IMAG0822.jpg

This is the Sombrero

IMAG0820.jpg

mercuryfelt76

One of the Regulars
This one is the Jackaroo and was, not only the first Akubra I bought but, the first felt hat I ever bought. On my first trip to Australia in 2001. My hat collection officially began then.

IMAG0819.jpg

This is the Snowy River, minus the leather band

IMAG0818.jpg

This is the Longhorn which is a special for R.M. Williams

IMAG0816.jpg

IMAG0817.jpg

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Nice to see some OTHER models of Akubra's ! I especially like the Longhorn model. It's nice to see some hats with wear on 'em , not just "collected" :) Do you remember what model the one you wore for a year was ?

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I am sure this has been answered before, but I will ask anyway, does tthe Campdraft have a snap brim or can you pretty much shape it as you like.

thanks

It has a brim which can be shaped as you wish. Having a "snap" brim does not mean it can't take another shape. It merely describes the shape as having the front "snapped" down in front. With the use of steam or water you can shape it as you wish, up, down all around, rolled at the sides, whatever shape you want. Just depends on what appeals to you.

Last edited:

BLACKCLOUD

New in Town
Thanks for the quick reply I guess what I should have asked is if it is easly shaped. I have a squatter that I believe is considered a snap brim and I am sure it could be reshaped although I believe it would take considerable effort.

thanks

monbla256

Call Me a Cab

hubbit

New in Town
I've looked EVERYWHERE on the 'net but CANNOT find an Akubra Mexican! The factory does not show it nor Hats Direct. Would it be the same as the Sombrero ? Also for those who are interested Akubra makes a Bowler as well as a Topper AND a Homburg and all are available through Yates Menswear in Australia http://www.yatesmenswear.com.au/shop/hats/akubra-hats/1002 :)

The Homburg is also available through Hats Direct. I bought one for formal occasions, in black; it has a smaller, tighter brim than does my venerable and quite-in-need-of-cleaning Biltmore Homburg that I've had for about a decade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo