Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Thwack

Familiar Face
I don't think so. The e-mail I got said if it hasn't arrived in 14 days to give them a holler. Might as well call, won't hurt anything except for your phone bill. I ordered mine on the 19th of december and it arrived on the 29th. If it were me, i'd be contacting them.

Swagman

New in Town
CEO Ribbon

gtdean48 said:
Does anybody in the Lounge have an Akubra CEO? That seems to have a thin enough ribbon for me to consider... gtd

I don't have one. If they had it in Moonstone I probably would. However, do you think the ribbon is that thin or is it the other dimensions of the hat that make it appear so? It has a 2-3/4" brim and a rather tall 5-1/2" crown. That probably means it has the same 1-1/4" ribbon other Akubras have.

Would still like to see one on someone's noggin though. Looks like a cool hat.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pal: " I have a question for everyone who has ordered from Hats Direct lately. I ordered that moonstone Fed IV on 12/18, it was debited onto my card on 12/19, and I got the shipping e-mail from them. It has not yet shown up on my doorstep. Have I given enough time before contacting them for a trace, given the busy shipping of the Christmas season or do you think it might be held up by ICE for some reason? I am getting worried and kicking myself for ordering that close to Christmas with all the usual mailing/shipping confusion. I specified the Airmail option. What do you think???[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine on Dec 23. I have it on my calendar to contact them should I not receive it in 14 days. As per Hats Direct instructions.

Bassman

A-List Customer
Mr. Paladin said:
I have a question for everyone who has ordered from Hats Direct lately. I ordered that moonstone Fed IV on 12/18,
I ordered one too (a Deluxe) in early December. I got it within two weeks.
If I remember correctly, thier e-mail said to notify them if after two weeks it still hadn't arrived.

Swagman said:
I don't have one. If they had it in Moonstone I probably would. However, do you think the ribbon is that thin or is it the other dimensions of the hat that make it appear so? It has a 2-3/4" brim and a rather tall 5-1/2" crown. That probably means it has the same 1-1/4" ribbon other Akubras have.

Would still like to see one on someone's noggin though. Looks like a cool hat.
It could be Swagman but going from the Squatter, the ribbon looks thinner. I would like to know what Cruiser Gray is since it is not on the color pallette of Everything Australian... gtd

BobC

Carlisle Blues said:
Pal: " I have a question for everyone who has ordered from Hats Direct lately. I ordered that moonstone Fed IV on 12/18, it was debited onto my card on 12/19, and I got the shipping e-mail from them. It has not yet shown up on my doorstep. Have I given enough time before contacting them for a trace, given the busy shipping of the Christmas season or do you think it might be held up by ICE for some reason? I am getting worried and kicking myself for ordering that close to Christmas with all the usual mailing/shipping confusion. I specified the Airmail option. What do you think???

I ordered mine on Dec 23. I have it on my calendar to contact them should I not receive it in 14 days. As per Hats Direct instructions.[/QUOTE]

Hatsdirect is going to tell you that the problem is with US Customs. My orders from them always take longer than 14 days, but they do arrive.

Carlisle Blues

Mr. Paladin said:
Great work on that Campdraft Bob; it looks great.

I have a question for everyone who has ordered from Hats Direct lately. I ordered that moonstone Fed IV on 12/18, it was debited onto my card on 12/19, and I got the shipping e-mail from them. It has not yet shown up on my doorstep. Have I given enough time before contacting them for a trace, given the busy shipping of the Christmas season or do you think it might be held up by ICE for some reason? I am getting worried and kicking myself for ordering that close to Christmas with all the usual mailing/shipping confusion. I specified the Airmail option. What do you think???

MP I received my hat a few minutes ago. Perhaps you should email them. [huh]

Swagman

New in Town
BobC said:
I ordered mine on Dec 23.

I had an order shipped from Everything Aus on 12/23 and it arrived 1/3. I'm on the west coast where the stuff is probably entered into the USPS system (assuming Qantas air cargo into LAX or SFO) From there to the east coast might take some additional time but probably not more than 4-5 days.

If not with tomorrow or Wednesday's mail, I'd start asking.

rrog

A-List Customer
BobC said:
Per your request, rrog. I worked on my new tawny Campdraft today. What do you think?

Man, they look great! I'll take the one on the left. You did say these were half off, right?

I was seriously thinking about getting a Fed IV in carbon grey when my size becomes available, but the Campdraft has a really nice look to it. Thanks for the pics, BobC, they are very sharp looking.

rrog

rrog

A-List Customer
Mr. Paladin said:
I have a question for everyone who has ordered from Hats Direct lately.

Mr P, don't want to scare you or anything, but when I ordered from EA in November, it arrived in December and had to be signed for in order to actually take possession from the USPS. The Fed IV I ordered from Hatsdirect in December was delivered and dropped off on my front porch, no signature required. Is it possible yours has been delivered and an unscrupulous neighbor or passerby "found" it? :eek:

rrog

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Thwack said:
I don't think so. The e-mail I got said if it hasn't arrived in 14 days to give them a holler. Might as well call, won't hurt anything except for your phone bill. I ordered mine on the 19th of december and it arrived on the 29th. If it were me, i'd be contacting them.
Hatsdirect actually responds very well to e-mails, so I'd try that first - it is also a lot cheaper.

Mr. Paladin

Thanks everyone! I sent an inquiry to Hatsdirect this morning just to be on the safe side. I am probably just over-eager but seems most of you get your shipments quickly, even during the holiday rush.

rrog-thats always a possibility. My neighborhood is pretty quiet and the claymore mine warning signs on the yard are generally effective, but I have noted that sometimes crooks can't read!!! It would not be in the best interest of a neighborhood delinquent to show up wearing a moonstone FED IV right now...in size 7.

BobC-I had seen on another thread problems with Customs. Thats worse that crooks because you can't arrest bureaucracy!

Carlisle Blues

Mr. Paladin said:
Thanks everyone! I sent an inquiry to Hatsdirect this morning just to be on the safe side. I am probably just over-eager but seems most of you get your shipments quickly, even during the holiday rush.

rrog-thats always a possibility. My neighborhood is pretty quiet and the claymore mine warning signs on the yard are generally effective, but I have noted that sometimes crooks can't read!!! It would not be in the best interest of a neighborhood delinquent to show up wearing a moonstone FED IV right now...in size 7.

BobC-I had seen on another thread problems with Customs. Thats worse that crooks because you can't arrest bureaucracy!

Mr. Paladin could you describe the color Moonstone I am considering a deluxe in that color.

Thanks

Mr. Paladin

Carlisle, having not actually seen the hat I can only describe the color shown on my monitor from hatsdirect. It shows to be a medium to lighter grey with perhaps just a tinge of blue to it. There are pictures on the hatsdirect website that might give you a better idea of the color than my description. When it gets here (if its not being currently sported around the neighborhood by a delinquent) I will definitely post pictures!

Caz

New in Town
My latest Akubra...

Wife gifted me this Campdraft for Christmas...bless her heart!

2n8boyw.jpg

4ifqk5.jpg

o0nqjo.jpg

I'll get some pics of me with hat on later.

rrog

A-List Customer
Mr. Paladin said:
It would not be in the best interest of a neighborhood delinquent to show up wearing a moonstone FED IV right now...in size 7.

Yes, I guess it would really stink to be him!

rrog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic