Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

lbgradwell

Familiar Face
Gentlemen, this is my first post and I would like to enquire as to whether the membership has ever encountered the "Dapper" model?

It appears to my fairly untrained eye to be very similar to the C.E.O. but I can find no mention of the Dapper online.

Akubra%20Dapper%201a.jpg

Akubra%20Dapper%201c.jpg

Akubra%20Dapper%201d.jpg

Ralph_Phillips

One of the Regulars
Gentlemen, this is my first post and I would like to enquire as to whether the membership has ever encountered the "Dapper" model?

It appears to my fairly untrained eye to be very similar to the C.E.O. but I can find no mention of the Dapper online.

Akubra%20Dapper%201a.jpg

Akubra%20Dapper%201c.jpg

Akubra%20Dapper%201d.jpg

I think so, in a shop in Melbourne. I've seen Akubras that do not appear to be catalog items and the only way to find them is to spot it in a shop in person.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
Not wanting to upset people in the campdraft thread I thought it'd be better to post here!
My new Campdraft conversion
IMG_0173_zpsejed3nbn.jpg
and
my new black Fed IV with a new ribbon and bow
IMG_0167_zpszwxfecxh.jpg

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
New Campdraft in Taupe Fawn arrived yesterday!

I gave it a quick basic center-dent-and-front-dents bash to start with, but I intend to play with it for a while. I love the color, it matches all my brown and OD jackets much better than my old Mid-Brown Federation. Like every Akubra I've bought, I believe the build quality is outstanding for the price.

Campdraft1.jpg

Campdraft3.jpg

Duper

Practically Family

I gave it a quick basic center-dent-and-front-dents bash to start with, but I intend to play with it for a while. I love the color, it matches all my brown and OD jackets much better than my old Mid-Brown Federation. Like every Akubra I've bought, I believe the build quality is outstanding for the price.

View attachment 36466

View attachment 36467

Very nice. The Doctor is "in".

,,,Mike in Canada

konadog

Practically Family
finally got my silverbelly Campdraft Deluxe back from the hat shop to block for my long oval. still messing with the bash, but here it is right now...
campdraft-3.jpg campdraft-8.jpg campdraft-6.jpg

Ginseng

One of the Regulars
my new black Fed IV with a new ribbon and bow
View attachment 36465

Strat, that is outstanding. I had never considered a Fed IV in black but that looks razor sharp!

I gave it a quick basic center-dent-and-front-dents bash to start with, but I intend to play with it for a while.

View attachment 36466

Looks good on you. Did you swap out the band? It looks wider than stock.

Wilkey

Obsessed

One of the Regulars

View attachment 36466

View attachment 36467

That looks great with the center dent. You don't seem to see that too much with the Campdraft for some reason.

Obsessed

One of the Regulars
Speaking of Campdrafts, it looks like Hats Direct now has the CD Deluxe in Moonstone. (Maybe you all knew that, but it's news to me.). Seems like that's kicking things up to a whole new level!

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Speaking of Campdrafts, it looks like Hats Direct now has the CD Deluxe in Moonstone. (Maybe you all knew that, but it's news to me.). Seems like that's kicking things up to a whole new level!

That is a pretty color and the quality is good. If ordering via HD, remind her to examine it before it is shipped. Mine was not checked; had poor pouncing where the brim meets the crown and shipping is expensive... It is a nice hat, but their quality check was lacking - if done at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner