Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

indycop

I'll Lock Up
FATS88 said:
Hi IC,
My tawny is here, er...at least they are
at my shipp'g address ready to be
picked up.:)

Suits for work!
I hope I'm the first lounger to say:
CONGRATS!!:eusa_clap

Cheers!
Fats
Go get that hat!

I won't know if it's permanent until after the month trial period.:eusa_doh:
I did make Officer of the quarter though.:rolleyes: lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Here is a color comparison between Everything Australian's Sorrel Tan and Hatsdirect's Taupe Fawn.
Pretty darn close.
GEDC0305-1.jpg

And here is Everything Australian's Mid Brown Campdraft compared to Hats Direct's Dark Brown Federation. Indoors the Campdraft turns a dark brown.

GEDC0303-2.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
And here is Everything Australian's Mid Brown Campdraft compared to Hats Direct's Dark Brown Federation. Indoors the Campdraft turns a dark brown.

GEDC0303-2.jpg

IC, can you see any green in the Campdraft in person? I'm seeing a green cast in your photo in that light and on my monitor.

BobC

I saw your post in the what hat are you wearing today thread. That pretty much answers my question.

Here I go again. :eek:

BobC

I did it. In three months we'll both have the full color complement of Campdrafts. I'm gonna tell Kim you led me astray.

BobC

indycop said:
Why not order her one too? :D

She tried on a couple of mine last night. We're going to have to get her measured. It's coming to it, I can tell. :eek:

The Akubras are still priced very nicely. The mid- brown was less than $71 shipped from EA. The mid-gray was about $92 shipped from Hatsdirect. And I just love my Campdrafts.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:

GEDC0303-2.jpg
We need to put my Bushman next to those for the comparison....

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
Is the felt any thinner on the Campdraft than it is on the Federation? Also, how big is the brim? I'm thinking of ordering one, and I'd keep the big brim 'cause it's a nice looking summer hat that would provide great shade.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
UWS Cowboy said:
Is the felt any thinner on the Campdraft than it is on the Federation? Also, how big is the brim? I'm thinking of ordering one, and I'd keep the big brim 'cause it's a nice looking summer hat that would provide great shade.
2 of mine are 2 7/8 and one is 3 in.

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Here is my part :)

17022009590.jpg

Moonstone Fed IV.

I just ordered Silverbelly Campdraft from EA.

I'd wish to find lightblue fedora with navy blue ribbon, but I guess I'm dreaming. Maybe light grey would transform to bit blueish with navyblue wide ribbon. Well Silverbelly will tell :)

BobC

Nice crease in that Fed, Chrome. Have any shots of it on your head to show us?

A custom from one of our fine hatters would get you a light blue with a dark blue ribbon without any problem. You might check that out.

carter

I'll Lock Up
UWS Cowboy said:
UWS Cowboy, The felt of the Campdraft and a standard Fed IV will be approximately the same thickness. The felt is thicker/heavier when the hat is made with Heritage quality felt.

Chrome said:
I'd wish to find light blue fedora with navy blue ribbon, but I guess I'm dreaming. Maybe light grey would transform to bit blueish with navy blue wide ribbon. Well Silverbelly will tell
Chrome, The early word is that the Campdraft in Glen Grey from HD has a blue cast. There won't be any blue tones in a Silverbelly.

carter said:
...Chrome, The early word is that the Campdraft in Glen Grey from HD has a blue cast. There won't be any blue tones in a Silverbelly.
:arated: I was thinking the same as Carter. A ribbon swap to a navy on a Glen Grey Campdraft with keeping the same colored edge binding would look sharp in my mind's eye...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou