Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
my stylemaster

a few pics of my acorn stylemaster slightly rebashed (tighter front pinch and a "hollywood" brim swoop. My first Akubra, *will not be my last
I will post pictures of the liner when i get home (its a salmon/light pink color)
front
hatstuffandashleybday050.jpg

top light for dramatic effect on the front pinch. and to show off my collection resting on the fireplace.

hatstuffandashleybday057.jpg

finally, The "Douglas"

hatstuffandashleybday062.jpg

let me know what you think folks.

stibbons said:
That said, it's a little too small for me, so it sits higher than I'd like and tends to bind a little. I haven't really worn it for quite a while. Expect to see it pop up on ebay some time soon.

If it is a little too small see about getting a hat jack and give it a little stretch! It will make it more comfortable to wear.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
nice collection

and good juxtaposition of you WITH hat and the penitent without. isn't there a loaf of bread on the table in front of that man in the picture? someone with some computer skills could alter that to show a nice lid resting there . . .
:)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
MississippiLong said:
a few pics of my acorn stylemaster slightly rebashed (tighter front pinch and a "hollywood" brim swoop. My first Akubra, *will not be my last
If you don't mind I am going to "steal" this brim curl look for Dee's stylemaster.:)

Surely someone has a new Akubra to post?

kaosharper1

One Too Many
indycop said:
Kao that is perfect the brim and crown look just right, you must think so too because it shows in the pic!:eusa_clap :D

Thanks, IC. It's certainly one to feel dapper in. And thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Here's my Akubras

Here's my two Campdrafts to add to this overload thread.
Tawny Fawn, not the best pic.
campdraftcanaldv8.jpg

Silverbelly Campdraft
campdraftsilver1mz0.jpg

Tawny Fawn bash, I don't have one of the Silverbelly.
campdraftbashjp7.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Looks like I won't have anything new for the Akubra Overload until the weekend.:( I had them sent to my dad's since I would be working all this week. Well he decided to take a trip to the mountains for the week so the hats will be sitting at their neighbors all week.:eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner