Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

BlackSmp

New in Town
Currently, Everything Australia‘s page is showing “Leaves Warehouse in 1 Business Day“ for the BGGCD.

I just received mine from them. It was ordered at the end of October, and I was told it was a six month wait. They got it to me in four. That MAY mean that production/stock has accelerated to meet demand. My experience with them was good, I just had to accept that wait time.
I'm trying to order a Leisure Time Light Sand 61 cm from HatsByTheHundred with 120 days wait but there is something wrong with their web and it is not possible (despite 120 days wait is given).

Been in contact with their customer service and they confirm that that should be possible to order but there is something wrong with the. web.

But I've been wondering about the continued delays. How is the Covid situation in Australia? Are there still affecting the community?

dkstott

Practically Family
A Nor-Easter came through the area. My area has only received rain so far.

My 7+ year old Akubra Banjo Patterson is still my hat of choice during any inclement weather.
20230314_081556.jpg
20230314_081619.jpg
20230314_081626.jpg

Boomerang

One of the Regulars
I went to David Morgan yesterday to browse and noticed an item which may be of interest to some Lounge members, so I thought I'd report.

In the "hat reject" area is an Akubra DM Adventurer in black, size 57, for $80. (I wear a 58 usually, and it fit me fine.)

The reason for the "defect" is that the crown is too tall. Next to other open-crown DM Adventurers, it looks to be about 3/4" taller. The crown shows signs of some previous bashing, so I did a quick center-dent/front pinch and put it on my head. It did not look right on me that way, but lowering the crown with a teardrop crease might do the trick. The hat is in terrific shape otherwise. I don't need another black hat, or this would have come home with me.

Great price for a new Akubra!

AHeadforaHAt

New in Town
Currently, Everything Australia‘s page is showing “Leaves Warehouse in 1 Business Day“ for the BGGCD.

I just received mine from them. It was ordered at the end of October, and I was told it was a six month wait. They got it to me in four. That MAY mean that production/stock has accelerated to meet demand. My experience with them was good, I just had to accept that wait time.
Just purchased mine, and I absolutely love it. This BGGCD is my first Akubra, but already looking at an Akubra Tablelands as a possible everyday wear around town hat

Attachments

• 755161ED-0B92-4F55-AAA1-3921CA574B55.jpeg
    755161ED-0B92-4F55-AAA1-3921CA574B55.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 124

CKC

Familiar Face
My newest Akubra is the Angler in Loden. I wear it every morning while I walk the dog at a minimum. It has quickly become my favorite hat for all activities outdoors. It's starting to get warmer outside and as much as I like my straw hats, I just don't want to stop wearing this hat.

AnRvWY6l.jpg

My newest Akubra is the Angler in Loden. I wear it every morning while I walk the dog at a minimum. It has quickly become my favorite hat for all activities outdoors. It's starting to get warmer outside and as much as I like my straw hats, I just don't want to stop wearing this hat.

AnRvWY6l.jpg

Simple solution: They're YOUR hats. YOU decide which of them to wear at any given moment. :)

Maybe you got the wrong impression from what I said. I never had a problem that required your "simple solution". In fact, I find your presumption that I don't understand they're MY hats and that I can do as I please with them insulting.

I was not implying that I feel bound to follow seasonal hat wearing traditions like some sort of sheep. I was simply expressing that I like my Akubra Angler enough that it has me considering changing my own hat wearing habits. It was a compliment to the quality and comfort of the hat. I apologize if I my post was too confusing for you.

Don't get too put out. After you hang out here for a while, you'll realize there are a couple of themes that are pretty pervasive throughout the hat section of this forum:

1. Listen to your hat. This means that your hat will sometimes have a mind of its own, usually in the context of how you want it creased. Some hats don't want a diamond, they want a center dent, and no matter how much you try, they rebel until you make it look the way it wants.

2. Wear the hat, don't let it wear you. The advice given to you falls as a subset of this one. That is, be confident and enjoy how you look in your hat. Many newer hat wearers are very self-conscious of how they look in a hat because it's new and sort of...weird, at first. Most of us who have come to embrace brimmed hats as an adult have been in this place, and we try to help others through this phase with advice and encouragement.

So, perhaps you got the wrong impression that Al (@Zombie_61) was being presumptuous when he was trying to be encouraging to a new Member and possibly someone who is new to hats over all. You have nine posts at this point. Like it or not, you're a newbie around here. Get to know the place a bit before you get your dander up.

I do appreciate that you seem to be trying to be helpful.

Indeed 9 posts makes me unquestionably new to this forum, but not new to hats.

I wonder if you read my original post? I thought it was pretty clear that I was saying I like that hat enough to extend how long I wear it more than I normally would. It was just a compliment to the hat. What about that gives the impression I needed advice? Or your follow-up for that matter? Especially ALL CAPS advice that implies I actually needed some guy on a forum to tell me it's ok to wear my own hat when I want to. Sorry, but telling anyone THEIR hat is THEIR hat is condescending and condescending is insulting. You are welcome to call my response "getting your dander up" or whatever quaint colloquialism you prefer. I will continue to respond with honesty as poltely as I can, as I've done thus far.

Thank you for your advice.
Best regards.
Chad

Then let me be honest and polite. This is an internet forum that is populated by ladies and gentlemen. It is not like other forums on the 'net. We observe decorum, keep the language generally inside certain lines, and treat each other with respect. This may seem "quaint" to you, but it is how this place works. You will see few arguments that aren't debates, and very, very few flame wars.

Al meant you no harm and was trying to encourage you. Yet you still seem to be wanting to be offended.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21