Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Rhabryn

Familiar Face
Akubra Hats General Bulleted Info

Moving this post from my post on a different thread and leaving that thread to be axed.

Akubra: Bogart
|-Quality: Imperial
|-Colors: Black, Carbon Grey
|-Brim: 64mm (2.5"), Bound Edge, Snap
|-Crown: 100mm (4"), Tapered
|-Bash: Center Dent w/ Dents
|-Ribbon: (Medium)(Color Match)

Akubra: Stylemaster
|-Colors: Acorn Fawn, Bluegrass Green, Carbon Grey, Mid Brown, Moonstone Grey, Black
|-Brim: 64mm (2.5"), Bound Edge, Snap
|-Crown: 11.5cm (front)(4.52"); 10.0cm (rear)(3.93")
|-Bash: C-Crown w/ Dents
|-Ribbon: (Medium)

Akubra: Hampton
|-Colors: Cedar Brown, Black, Regency Fawn, Cruiser Grey, Thyme Green
|-Brim: 48mm (1.88"), Bound Edge, Snap
|-Crown: ??
|-Ribbon: 38mm (Wide) w/ Feather

Akubra: Whippet
|-Quality:
|-Colors: Burnt Oak, Glade Green, Carbon Grey
|-Brim: 48mm (1.88"), Bound Edge, Snap
|-Crown:
|-Ribbon: (Wide) w/ Feather

Akubra: Fedora
|-Colors: Carbon Grey, Burnt Oak, Fern Green
|-Brim: 64mm (2.5"), Unbound Edge, Snap
|-Crown:
|-Bash: Open Crown
|-Ribbon: (Slim) w/ Feather

Akubra: C.E.O
|-Colors: Cruiser Grey, Black, Fern Green, Burgundy
|-Brim: 70mm (2.75"), Bound
|-Crown: 14cm (5.5")
|-Ribbon: __mm (Slim)(Satin)

Akubra: Turin
|-Colors: Brandy Brown, Leaf Freen, Navy
|-Brim: 44mm (1.62"), Bound (Matching Felt)
|-Crown: ??
|-Ribbon: (Slim)(Matching Felt) w/ Feather

Thanks,
Rhab

P.S. I have been corresponding with Sam Menche of EverythingAustralian.com.au, who tells me he can special order hats in most size (including 63 - the size that keeps me from enjoying vintage hats) and color combinations. Oh and I've recently ordered my first non-wool fedora: a 63 Moonstone Grey Stylemaster from them for $64 with shipping (did so just before the recent slight increase in price)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Nice source of information there!

Thought this was neat,

PB030065.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bill and jecoe,

I went ahead and ordered a Banjo in heritage fawn from Sam Menche at Everything Australian. Normally, this one is one of what seems to be the few hats they stock, but he e-mailed me to say he just sold his last 58 and would have more in 4 weeks. I left the order in with him and now have 3 Akubras on order. The price is sure right though.

jecoe, I'll put up pics when it gets here.

BobC

indycop said:
You still in the Bahamas? Good gosh man you can't be stopped, you've gone international now!:eek: lol lol

No, unfortunately we're back at home. I ordered the Banjo before I left. What can I say? [huh]

BobC

The mailman brought this today. I guess it's been sitting at the post office for four or five days waiting for me to get home. It's the moonstone Fed Deluxe IV I ordered pretty close to three weeks ago.

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

I had to give it a center dent pinch. These hats just beg for that bash, IMO.

rrog

A-List Customer
Woodfluter said:
Hi BobC (and jecoe) -

The Banjo Paterson was the first Akubra I've had, and it remains one of the two that I wear most often. Got it in charcoal, a color distinctly brown and not gray, but a dark brown. I like it a lot. Of course, shorter and more tapered crown than the Federation or most of the kind of fedoras popular here, but it sits on my head nicely! The brim width is just right for me, most of the time. This comes in Heritage quality felt, one of the few offerings in that grade (they don't use the same name for hats with different felts). The Heritage looks smoother, has a nice hand and softens up well.

- Bill

Hey Woodfluter,
Have you got any pics of the Banjo Paterson? I like the looks of it online, but would also like to see it on someone before I jump in and order one. Thanks if you've got it.

Rick

jec

One of the Regulars
Bano

rrog said:
Hey Woodfluter,
Have you got any pics of the Banjo Paterson? I like the looks of it online, but would also like to see it on someone before I jump in and order one. Thanks if you've got it.

Rick

I'll second that request!

BobC

indycop said:
I think you still got a little of that Island juice in you, the pinch looks a little offcenter.:rolleyes: lol And yer all sunburny!lol

Seriously looks good, I also like a diamond in a fed.

I fixed the pinch after I saw the picture I uploaded, and I may change this one to a diamond. I have a diamond pinched silverbelly coming from the major though before too much longer, I hope. Last I heard from him he said he was sending me both of the hats he made me and one I sent him to repair all at the same time.

I have three Akubras now. I would have had four but I sold one, a moonstone Stylemaster that I ordered too big and I got to liking it less as I learned to appreciate tall, straight crowns more. Now I have a silverbelly Campdraft, a moonstone Fed Deluxe IV and a heritage fawn Fed Deluxe IV.

I also have two more coming from Everything Australian, a taupe fawn Campdraft and a heritage fawn Banjo Patterson. I'm a big fan of Akubras, especially at the prices of late. :eusa_doh: :D

Tone

A-List Customer
Another Bushman w/ bound edge removed. DM, Nullarbor Tan. A nice, universal shade of "goes with anything"; even blue.
akbshman002q7629ba1fz9.jpg

portolan

A-List Customer
My new Snowy River

It arrived all messed up; the brim was almost curled up to the crown on the sides. This is the results of my first attempt to work on a brim using a spray bottle and my untutored hands. Hopefully I will get better at it.

Akubra3.jpg

Akubra2.jpg

Akubra1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails