Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
Pulled the trigger yesterday on an acorn fawn Stylemaster from EA, hoping to get it before Christmas. Just learned this morning it's out of stock and shipping will be delayed about a week. Oh, well -- it'll be a nice new year's present. Meanwhile, my silverbelly CD should be arriving sometime in late January ...

Harry Gooch

One of the Regulars
Pulled the trigger yesterday on an acorn fawn Stylemaster from EA, hoping to get it before Christmas. Just learned this morning it's out of stock and shipping will be delayed about a week. Oh, well -- it'll be a nice new year's present. Meanwhile, my silverbelly CD should be arriving sometime in late January ...

Post a shot when it shows up. And Happy early New Year.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Pulled the trigger on a Charcoal Homburg Sunday. Paid for the EMS shipping hoping to get it in time to wear to a funeral but don't think it will make it. This will be my first Homburg.

VitaminG

One of the Regulars

nice choice. I bought one for my dad for xmas. He loved my Carbon Grey Stylemaster when we caught up a while back and was complaining that his old leather hat was giving him red marks & headaches. Shipped it to him in Tasmania yesterday. He doesn't know it's coming - I think he'll be pleased. I hope... :)

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Pulled the trigger on a Charcoal Homburg Sunday. Paid for the EMS shipping hoping to get it in time to wear to a funeral but don't think it will make it. This will be my first Homburg.

very interested to see pics when you get it. I haven't seen anything but stock photos of Akubra's Homburg.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
very interested to see pics when you get it. I haven't seen anything but stock photos of Akubra's Homburg.

I will be interested to see if I can pull off the confidence to wear it. I went with the charcoal thinking it will be a little less formal than the black but have never seen any image of it.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Ok all you Akubra experts, I bought a Federation Deluxe on ebay it was listed as a No. IV. However on the "I love the Fed IV!" thread it was mentioned that it might be a No. III, do to the ribbon. I love the hat and have redone the crown to get red of the turn, and to put a proper cent crease down the middle. I just would like to know what I have so I can speak properly about it. So here are some pics hope you can place it in the Federation line up.
FDfront.jpg

FDtop.jpg

FDside.jpg

Heritageliner.jpg

Thank you for your help

Jeff

The Good

Call Me a Cab

An acorn fawn Stylemaster, nice! That's one I'm going to try to get this December, alongside a modern Stetson Open Road (yeah, I've got my reasons for now), and a cheaper canvas hat I wouldn't mind getting ruined if I fall into the water while kayaking, or get wet while swimming (a Dorfman Pacific outback hat). After this, I'm not sure what I'll be getting next.

Panda Moanium

New in Town
Another Lounger here waiting for a Stylemaster delivery from Hats Direct - only because I couldn't decide between an acorn fawn or a moonstone grey I went for both! They're en route so hoping to have them before Christmas. Well it is a time of giving isn't it!:p

The Good

Call Me a Cab
The western Gus look seems to be just fine for a Campdraft. I think you've put some new life into a once neglected hat. Great job with that crease, the brim width fits in fine too.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The western Gus look seems to be just fine for a Campdraft. I think you've put some new life into a once neglected hat. Great job with that crease, the brim width fits in fine too.

Thanks! It actually looks kinda wierd from the front. Looks good at an angle, but to reach its potential this hat could've used a wider brim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo