Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 21190

Here are some sweat stains with a ribbon so rotten it is about to fall off. This Bobby is three and a half years old and is at a stage where I am embarrassed by its condition in public. It has been worn daily and has lasted an extra year due to drought conditions. Thankfully my kids have bought me a new one for Christmas.
In other words, now it finally has character. I love hats that looked "lived in." :D

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
View attachment 21190

Here are some sweat stains with a ribbon so rotten it is about to fall off. This Bobby is three and a half years old and is at a stage where I am embarrassed by its condition in public. It has been worn daily and has lasted an extra year due to drought conditions. Thankfully my kids have bought me a new one for Christmas.

I would clean it and - if needed, make a band for it. Leather, ribbon or other materials can be used for replacement bands. (I can send you some leather if you want to make a band.) That hat is just getting started in its useful life. I have hats which I have used for 30 years or more. Replaced ribbons; reshaped them and cleaned as needed along the way. But still useful and worn.

Fed

diabolicaldog

New in Town
DSC_4087.jpg

My son is wearing my previous Bobby in all its holey and stained glory. This particular hat only lasted two and a half years due to a very wet La Nina year which really takes its toll.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
In other words, now it finally has character. I love hats that looked "lived in." :D
+1

My son is wearing my previous Bobby in all its holey and stained glory. This particular hat only lasted two and a half years due to a very wet La Nina year which really takes its toll.
Nice pciture. But again, a hatter can return it to a better shape and still be wearable for more 2 years.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Does anybody have a black Federation IV that you could show pictures of? So far, I have the dark brown and tawny fawn hats, which are great. Now, I'm thinking whether or not I'd get another one of those, and in which color?

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys. Milliedog, I didn't trim the brim on my Woomera. It's about 3.5 inches with the curl. Around 4" without. I didn't put a whole lot of work doing the curl. The brim kinda wanted to do it so I just used steam and a low iron to help it along.
Joao, I'm not huge on feathers either but sometimes a hat just needs one. I think those are my only two hats with feathers.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Does anybody have a black Federation IV that you could show pictures of? So far, I have the dark brown and tawny fawn hats, which are great. Now, I'm thinking whether or not I'd get another one of those, and in which color?
This is the only pic I have of it, JB, but it's one of my favorite hats.
798319_10151695311176831_2072364948_o.jpg

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I received my Akubra Territory today from Everything Australian--delivery was attempted yesterday, but no one was home, and that means that it shipped Monday from Australia and got to me in the midwest within four days. That's impressive! I'll stick with Sam for any of my downunder needs, that's for sure.

Anyway, the hat is awesome. It's just what I wanted. It's not a fine work of art, nor a museum piece, but it is a thoroughly solid work hat. And yes, 4" of brim really is a lot; however, I'm 6'4, so I can pull off the brim. Now I just want the bad weather or some yard/field work to come!

Best,
A

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Anyway, the hat is awesome. It's just what I wanted. It's not a fine work of art, nor a museum piece, but it is a thoroughly solid work hat. And yes, 4" of brim really is a lot; however, I'm 6'4, so I can pull off the brim. Now I just want the bad weather or some yard/field work to come!

4" brim! Nice :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy