Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

pjt113

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone,
I have my eye on a kiandra but I'm not familiar with the model. I'd appreciate everyone's take on how it compares to the cattleman, campdraft and other Akubra hats. Thx in advance for the help!

swd

New in Town
Hi, Pete. I just replied in your other thread, but I am very pleased with all three of my Akubras, including my Kiandra. See my other post for the details.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Need some advice, I am going to buy and Akubra from EA and want opinions on the best one for my outdoor needs. I want something that I can wear squirrel and deer hunting but also kayaking as I take long kayak trips and need the sun protection. Also want one that can stand up to me being out in the yard for hours on end during spring and summer. Which hat does the best with taking a beating? Also want it to look good which one have the best crown to brim ratios? I know the cattleman looks like the crown is a tad small. Thanks guys

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
nice hat
but i love my akubra slouch hat and my cattleman and cant wait till my akubra safari gets here
you cant go wrong with akubra no matter which hat you pick

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
How about the Colly? I don't own one but I've been wanting to get one. It has a bigger brim and a taller crown than the Cattleman. Might be too big for your taste though. Otherwise the Territory seems like a good choice. Wide brim with a shorter crown than the Colly. The wider brims are nice but remember that they'll take flight if not strapped down.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I went with the Territory for the extra brim width. Akubras, in general, will take a lot of abuse. They're designed to be working hats, so you should be good with whatever you choose.

A

stratcat

One of the Regulars
I know there's lots of love for the FedIV here so I thought I'd share my latest acquisition, in Moonstone. It looks quite dark due to the overcast day and lack of natural light in my hall.
IMG_0023.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner