Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jim, I just did that with my new Campdraft the other night. It really is fun, but my family kept walking in and making comments about how the old man was finally losing it.

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
Jim, I just did that with my new Campdraft the other night. It really is fun, but my family kept walking in and making comments about how the old man was finally losing it.

I posted the same photo on facebook earlier and have had comments asking me if I am going Amish and if I am a double for Terry Pratchett of Discworld novels fame. Surprisingly no Indy cracks but I guess the beard doesn't match that.

pmjk

New in Town
Good evening to all,

Well after much anticipation and neurotic behaviour I finally recieved my second Fed IV in Tawny Fawn
I had orderd my first FED IV in Moonstone prior to the Tet Holiday here in Vietnam and it arrived in 4 days. This one in Tawny Fawn was sent on the 16th of February and just arrived today on the 3rd of March. Evrything here in Vietnam seems to shut down from banks to restaurants to couriers such as EMS and DHL.

For the past 3 days I have been directed by EMS to phone back and forth from Saigon to Hanoi in what seemed to me to be an endless loop. Nobody seemed to want to give me a straight answer.

On the upside when receiving my first Fed IV the Corrucption dept. charged me 800,000 vnd or about $40 dollars tax and on the this one they charged me $10 tax.

Well that's the way it goes.

I must say I was apprehensive about ordering the Tawny Fawn colour but now that it's here I absolutely love it.
The colour seems to go with just about evrything.

Here are some pics:
Peter 2 TFRESISE.jpg Peter TF 1RESIZE.jpg

pmjk

New in Town
Thank you gentlemen, I am very happy with it. The pics just don't do the colour justice. Now if I can just find some "free" 1950's trouser or even suit patterns I might be able to get a tailor her to make me a suit not only that fits me but that I like the style of.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
The Fed IV looks great. I hadn't really considered the fawn colour, but those pics certainly make me think.....hmmmm...
:eyebrows:

pmjk

New in Town
Stratcat, I don't think you would be disapointed. It takes on a rather dull colour in the photos I posted but as soon as you see it in light it seems to be almost a camel colour and it comes to life.

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
Very nice hat PMJK, that is a great colour. I am very tempted to get the moonstone some time soon and only wish I had gone all in and ordered both at the same time.

O'Sully

Familiar Face
I ordered a Bobby in sand/silverbelly from Sam at EA last night. It will be a couple of weeks before it ships.

swd

New in Town
Nice choice, pmjk. That is the way I am leaning. I think that color is great all-around, especially in warmer areas. Thanks for posting the photos.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Historyteach24:

I've got a Stockman in Glen Grey. It's been my go-to hiking and snow shoveling hat for years. The lining shows a lot of wear, but the outside looks exactly the same as when I got it back in 2007:

STOCKMN1.JPG

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Historyteach24:

I've got a Stockman in Glen Grey. It's been my go-to hiking and snow shoveling hat for years. The lining shows a lot of wear, but the outside looks exactly the same as when I got it back in 2007:

View attachment 25692
Now that's nice. Like the western hats you saw on TV Westerns in the '50s and '60s -- moderate brims, but still plenty of sunshade. What other colors does the Stockman come in?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I always felt that the Stockman's look falls somewhere between a bush hat and a fedora. But you're right, it is also similar to sixties TV western hats. The 2.75-inch brim is a bit small for good sun protection, especially with the upturned sides.

I also have a Cattleman in Sand that I wear in warmer weather. No lining, ventilation holes, bigger brim for blazing summer sun. It also seems barely worn after eight years of use, which is true of my two Akubra fedoras too. Awesome hats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner