Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shame. Nice looking feather. Good looking hat either way.

Any more pictures of that bobby? Looks nice How do you like it?

Johnny

diabolicaldog

New in Town
I really like my Bobby.Lowered the brim quiet a bit.Not many hats with a thin ribbon.

The Bobby really lends itself to major remodelling with its high 6"crown and moderate brim width. I flatten the brim right out and curve it down and back up so the brim edge is level with the ribbon. The crown usually gets a cattleman crease although the last one I have I just pushed out the long side dents in favour of shallow dents at the top.
For me the 3 1/2" brim of the Bobby is the ideal combination of sun protection with a maximum practical brim for work purposes. I guess I really like my Bobbys too considering this is number seven.

Last edited:

O'Sully

Familiar Face
Shame. Nice looking feather. Good looking hat either way.

Any more pictures of that bobby? Looks nice How do you like it?

Johnny
No more pics as of yet, I'll try to get some shots today.
I love the hat although I have already shortened the side dents. The felt is thicker and stiffer than I expected.
I bought it to use as a work hat so its going to see some abuse.

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
Akubra stopped making the Silver Spur. Why it wasn't a top seller is beyond me. Great open crown hat with felt that wasn't hard as a rock like most westerns. The Boss of the Plains was also a really good hat. It had the same light weight felt as the Silver Spur but with a little higher crown. Perfect in every way in my opinion. I'm still pretty pissy about them cutting all the hats I liked best.

cyphers

New in Town
I'm thinking about getting an Akubra Hemp Range Hat for my second Akubra. I've got a Bushman that I've been wearing for a couple of weeks and I am really enjoying it. Any opinions on the Hemp Range hat would be much appreciated. Will the hemp be cooler than the felt? And, will it shrink to fit like the felt Akubras do?

89quattro

One of the Regulars
Send Sam a note on your needs, and he can advise you if he has anything ordered for stock. Orders monthly on the last Friday of the month for both customer orders and his store stock.

Quite sure the OOS bluegrass green sizes won't be in till May.

RJR

Cyphers,I haven't checked but Akubra makes both poly & hemp models of several hats.All should be cooler than felt.The poly ought not shrink and I'd be surprised if the natural hemp will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner