Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

ADK

New in Town
Thanks for that info ADK. May just get the Coober Pedy, though have many CDs and Open Road hats with similar dimensions. Will keep comparing.
Depending on the things you do… it might be nice to have the wide brim option though, too! Definitely a personal call…

ADK

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Well, my Cattleman is certainly growing on me. After wearing it for a bit the brim doesn't seem quite so large. It got pulled out again today for a little weekend on-call repair work.
20220423_135222.jpg

Good looking hat! Is that moonstone?
Yep, Akubra's Fed IV in Moonstone that we discussed in the other thread. I trimmed the brim down to 2" all around, kind of an impulsive move just to see how it would look. I wasn't wearing it often anyway, so I figured I didn't have much to lose. I doubt I could convince Akubra to start producing such a hat, but I like it.

As nice as yours looks I still prefer my wide brimmed hats. May send it off to be serviced some day.
Johnny
Well, yeah. If I had an original Federation I'd also do what I could to care for and maintain it. But with a Fed IV, I could easily have bought a replacement if I had really screwed up the brim trim.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Yep, Akubra's Fed IV in Moonstone that we discussed in the other thread. I trimmed the brim down to 2" all around, kind of an impulsive move just to see how it would look. I wasn't wearing it often anyway, so I figured I didn't have much to lose. I doubt I could convince Akubra to start producing such a hat, but I like it.

That looks great! Kudos to your handiwork on cutting the brim! How many of your hats have you modified? I'd be terrified to ruin mine if I tried.

That looks great! Kudos to your handiwork on cutting the brim! How many of your hats have you modified? I'd be terrified to ruin mine if I tried.
Thank you! As far as a modification that can't be undone, this is the only one...so far. I have a few less expensive straw hats that I've replaced the ribbons on (with pre-made ribbons; I"m not that adventurous), but those were much simpler changes and I can swap them back (well, one of them) because I kept the original ribbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points