Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

G MAN

One of the Regulars
Akubra Angler in Loden.
I like the red liner and the shark tooth that must have come from a Great white.

IMG_0539.JPG IMG_0546.JPG IMG_0547.JPG

PDXHAT

One of the Regulars
Hey Guys--The Akubra Traveler. I'm heading to Berlin in May to visit our son, so it will be Spring. Not sure temperature, but in May it averages 60s low 70s.

How lightweight is the Traveler? If it's unseasonably warm before we leave I can bring the packable Lock & Co Panama. But my guess is the weather will be mild. I'm really wanting something I can crush up if need be. A couple hours in the suitcase, etc.

Does anybody have this hat and can comment?

Thanks in advance!

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Yes, I was scrolling and saw yours in the grayer color, I think? I was hesitant at first because I was worried it would be too "western" on me, but it's not at all and I really do love it. Got it nice and wet today--the rain is back!
Yeah I have the Graphite color, its a great hat.

PDXHAT

One of the Regulars
I'll be traveling to Europe this spring and have added an Akubra Traveler. I like it. And although it's traditional to wear it brim down-
-
IMG_5990.JPG

IMG_5991.JPG

I really like it with the brim flat. I have no idea if it will actually stay that way since it's not designed to, but I love it this way.

Anybody else wear it like this? Or am I the only one insane enough to like this look?

I'll be traveling to Europe this spring and have added an Akubra Traveler. I like it. And although it's traditional to wear it brim down-
- View attachment 490485

I really like it with the brim flat. I have no idea if it will actually stay that way since it's not designed to, but I love it this way.

Anybody else wear it like this? Or am I the only one insane enough to like this look?

I like the look on some people, not so much on others, and not at all on my head. I think the flat brim suits PDXHAT very well, but for myself I much prefer a deeply flanged brim with the front snapped down.

StoryPNW

Practically Family
- View attachment 490485

View attachment 490486

I really like the look of the traveler, what do you think of it? Is the cloth sweat band as comfortable as the leather? Is the felt floppy compared to your other Akubras? Thanks!

PDXHAT

One of the Regulars
I really like the look of the traveler, what do you think of it? Is the cloth sweat band as comfortable as the leather? Is the felt floppy compared to your other Akubras? Thanks!
Yeah, after living with this for a bit, I'm not sure about it. If I could be sure the brim would stay flat I might keep it, but it's really made to slouch, and I'm just not crazy about the way it looks on me like that. The brim seems enormous to me although that may be an illusion.

As far as comfort, it's very comfortable and very light. The hat itself isn't floppy at all, it's actually very well engineered.

I'm going to live with it the weekend. I may change my mind and keep it after all.

BlackSmp

New in Town
- View attachment 490485

View attachment 490486

Flat is not for me. Never feel comfortable in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko