Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

theinterchange

One Too Many
Squatting on my head...

DSCN0164-Edit.jpg

Finally got a photo of the Squatter on my head. It takes on blue-grey hues in most situations, a very versatile color that carbon grey.

Randy

P.S gtdean, I STILL owe you better photos of my Fed IV! I just realized that! :eusa_doh:

theinterchange

One Too Many
Thanks, gtdean!

I lowered the dent in the back a bit, giving it some slope vs being "squared" off as it is in the photos I posted earlier.

Going to order my Campdraft soon, I'm curious what the Australian postal strike I heard something about will slow things down. [huh]

Randy

barra063

Familiar Face
Postal strike

I wouldn't get too fussed about hearing Australia Post workers going on strike. Most are back at work.

While striking the week of xmas may have just been for maximum shock value to highlight their cause, without exception everyone I have spoken to holds their timing in utter contempt.

Barra

Selvaggio

One of the Regulars
elvisroe said:
Hey all,
Thought I'd throw up my new Akubra Hampton. My long-suffering wife gave it to me this week for our wedding anniversary and it has barely left my head!

Mate, that's a really smart hat! I've looked at the hampton a bit. Do you wear it with a suit or do you reserve it for more casual wear?

CRH

Call Me a Cab
theinterchange said:
DSCN0164-Edit.jpg

Finally got a photo of the Squatter on my head. It takes on blue-grey hues in most situations, a very versatile color that carbon grey.

Dang! I like that a lot. :eusa_clap

theinterchange, could we have some brim measurements? My willow green Squatter from Hatsdirect runs a little bigger than my Superfine. I'm curious as to what yours is.

elvisroe

A-List Customer
Selvaggio said:
Mate, that's a really smart hat! I've looked at the hampton a bit. Do you wear it with a suit or do you reserve it for more casual wear?

Ta, I'm yet to wear it with a bag-o-fruit as I can't really wear a hat to or at work (the only time I suit up). I tend to wear a shirt and jeans or long shorts most days and it goes well with that smarter casual look. I also wore it out with a T-shirt and waistcoat the other day and I thought that looked alright...although my wife suggested it was a tad tryhard rockstar![huh]

CRH

Call Me a Cab
theinterchange said:
Thanks, I'm VERY pleased with it. Put my cloth measuring tape to the brim and it sits right at 3". What do yours measure?

Randy

2 7/8 x 3" (that's the advertised measurements) and 3 x 3+ on the green one.

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
theinterchange said:

That crown looks very straight head on -- is there any taper in the front to back?

theinterchange

One Too Many
CRH said:
2 7/8 x 3" (that's the advertised measurements) and 3 x 3+ on the green one.

Mine isn't dimensionally cut, at least not noticeable. I think it may be a hair under 3" on the sides. But not so's you can tell.

marvelgoose said:
That crown looks very straight head on -- is there any taper in the front to back?

There's a little reverse taper, I'm quite surprised at how straight sided the hat is, especially when looking at it open crowned and it looks as if it will have noticeable taper once bashed. I'll get a side on photo in a bit so you can see.

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
Side shots and side by sides

First, here is a side by side view of my Federation IV and Squatter.

DSC_3908.jpg

Fed left, Squatter right.

Side view of the squatter to show the profile.
DSC_3899.jpg

It seems my squatter is a bit squarer than other folks. I don't think it's related to my bash of choice though.

And a center dent view of the Federation IV.

DSC_3901.jpg

Randy

CRH

Call Me a Cab
elvisroe said:
Agreed - I see plenty around with a porkpie and that taller crown looks great.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'm getting a serious urge to squeeze a pork pie into one of those open crowned Stylemasters! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats