Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Value is Soaring Right Now

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Just heard of some analyst from Commonwealth Bank of Australia calling for further weakening of the Aussie Dollar to 0.5 from 0.64 or so now...WAIT....an Akubra from hats direct may be $50 in a few months...just in time for Xmas...

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
I did it

I couldn't resist any longer and I finally pulled the trigger on a Bluegrass Green Campdraft from Everything Austrailian. At less than $60 USD it was too good a deal to pass up. Now comes the three months of waiting...maybe if I'm lucky it'll get here in time for the holidays!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
jdbenson said:
I couldn't resist any longer and I finally pulled the trigger on a Bluegrass Green Campdraft from Everything Austrailian. At less than $60 USD it was too good a deal to pass up. Now comes the three months of waiting...maybe if I'm lucky it'll get here in time for the holidays!

I wonder if you'll get one. I don't think they've been able to get bluegrass green for ages, though they seem reluctant to take it off their website. Please let us know.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
OK, Here's the best I can do with a cell phone tonight.[huh]
2952852191_84757cf514.jpg
Is that a mid brown campdraft, Carter? I'm anxious to see what mid brown looks like.

I've been thinking about a mid brown campdraft. I think IC ordered one too. They sure are nice hats.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jdbenson said:
I'm thinkin January.:eek:

BobC

Too late. I just couldn't resist. These prices are so low it's amazing. I ordered a mid brown Campdraft from Everything Australian for $55.40 plus $11.40 shipping. I know, I'm weak, but this price is almost half what I paid for my silverbelly Campdraft shipped from Hatsdirect. Besides, the Campdraft is a great hat to kick around in.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Looks like a UFO or bigfoot pic, it could be Carter or it could not be...:rolleyes:
I did order a mid Brown but I don't think it will get here til about January. Also ordered the Taupe Fawn which should be here now hopefully at my dad's.

BobC said:
I've been thinking about a mid brown campdraft. I think IC ordered one too. They sure are nice hats.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Too late. I just couldn't resist. These prices are so low it's amazing. I ordered a mid brown Campdraft from Everything Australian for $55.40 plus $11.40 shipping. I know, I'm weak, but this price is almost half what I paid for my silverbelly Campdraft shipped from Hatsdirect. Besides, the Campdraft is a great hat to kick around in.
:eusa_doh: lol lol lol I ordered after seeing Toobacats mid brown.:D Am thinking about ordering the silverbelly Boss of the plains now too!:eusa_doh:

BobC

Mine will probably be January too, but they could come in sooner. I ordered a Stylemaster from Everything Australian, and they said it would be 3 months but it wasn't that long. I think it depends on where Akubra is in the production rotation.

Do you have a link to Toobacat's mid brown?

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
Well fellas I could not handle the stress of watching you all cash in on the Aussy $,

I ordered a camptown in bluegrass and a banjo in fawn....

Ghost

indycop

I'll Lock Up
grey ghost said:
Well fellas I could not handle the stress of watching you all cash in on the Aussy $,

I ordered a camptown in bluegrass and a banjo in fawn....

Ghost
You mean a Campdraft? I guess in Jan. there will be a lot of new Akubras posted!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24