Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Value is Soaring Right Now

MattJH

One Too Many
Since:

01) I just had some very good luck on eBay last week
02) I'm selling my unworn Moonstone Grey Stylemaster and unworn Loden Brown Federation III Deluxe in 7 5/8 in the Classifieds (plug!)
03) The economy is just right

...I just ordered the Federation IV Deluxe in both Moonstone and Dark Brown. It came out to $135.69 USD each including shipping. That's not bad at all, is it?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dumbjaw said:
Since:

01) I just had some very good luck on eBay last week
02) I'm selling my unworn Moonstone Grey Stylemaster and unworn Loden Brown Federation III Deluxe in 7 5/8 in the Classifieds (plug!)
03) The economy is just right

...I just ordered the Federation IV Deluxe in both Moonstone and Dark Brown. It came out to $135.69 USD each including shipping. That's not bad at all, is it?

Sounds good to me, DJ. I paid $196 shipped in April for a Fed Deluxe IV and just ordered another for $138 shipped. Quite a difference.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Sounds good to me, DJ. I paid $196 shipped in April for a Fed Deluxe IV and just ordered another for $138 shipped. Quite a difference.
I might be catching up to you Bob, 4 Akubras on order and 3 customs from Major Moore. But unlike you, only 3 are for me.

MattJH

One Too Many
I canceled my HatsDirect order because they don't have the Deluxe in Moonstone Grey in stock in my size and they think 62 would work better than 61 for me anyway, and the Moonstone Grey isn't made beyond 61.

So it goes, it's okay. I don't just want the brown. It was an all-or-nothing sort of deal.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
I might be catching up to you Bob, 4 Akubras on order and 3 customs from Major Moore. But unlike you, only 3 are for me.

You're ahead now, but all of mine are for me. :eek: At least you're nice enough to share with Dee and the girls.

Maybe we should start an HA group. "Hi, my name is Bob. I'm a hataholic."

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Dumbjaw said:
I canceled my HatsDirect order because they don't have the Deluxe in Moonstone Grey in stock in my size and they think 62 would work better than 61 for me anyway, and the Moonstone Grey isn't made beyond 61.

So it goes, it's okay. I don't just want the brown. It was an all-or-nothing sort of deal.
So if I bought a Fed4 being that in a Fed3 I wear a 61 would I need a 62?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
You're ahead now, but all of mine are for me. :eek: At least you're nice enough to share with Dee and the girls.

Maybe we should start an HA group. "Hi, my name is Bob. I'm a hataholic."
I think the "packRAT" club would be more appropriate.lol

rrog

A-List Customer
How much are you guys paying for shipping? I was just about to order a Fed Deluxe from hatsdirect and the shipping came up to $37.90! I live in TN. Is that how much everyone is paying for shipping from them?

Thanks,
Rick

MattJH

One Too Many
indycop said:
So if I bought a Fed4 being that in a Fed3 I wear a 61 would I need a 62?

Seems so! To directly quote Jenny Nethercote from HatsDirect, whom I was exchanging emails with last night after I placed my order:

"The new Federation Deluxe IV is measuring slightly smaller (about .5 centimeter smaller than the Fed III)."

She told me that I'd need a size 62, which the Moonstone Grey Federation IV (be it Standard or Deluxe) is unavailable in. Bummer.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
rrog said:
How much are you guys paying for shipping? I was just about to order a Fed Deluxe from hatsdirect and the shipping came up to $37.90! I live in TN. Is that how much everyone is paying for shipping from them?

Thanks,
Rick

That's in Aussie dollars which are worth about $0.70 American. So multiply $37.90 by 0.7 and that's your actual shipping.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
rrog said:

Thanks,
Rick
My shipping from everything australian was 19.95 US for 2 hats. my shipping from hats direct was shown in AUS.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
There's a "one use of a joke per week" rule now in effect.
Carter has been exempted from his conduct prior to the posting of this rule.
Violations of the rule will result in compulsory donning of the weenie hat.:p
Funny_hat.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
There's a "one use of a joke per week" rule now in effect.
Carter has been exempted from his conduct prior to the posting of this rule.
Violations of the rule will result in compulsory donning of the weenie hat.:p

eps1mu.jpg
Is that a coney in the bun? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy