Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra without lining

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Among the "country hats", the ones with ventilation holes, like the Territory and the Cattleman, don't. But I'm not sure about their fedoras.

My new "Sand" Cattleman has turned out to be a great summer shade hat - I was wearing it just last week while exploring the Adirondacks:

CATLMN1.JPG

Achille

Familiar Face
Dinerman said:
If you want an unlined hat, it's very easy to take the linings out.

Thanks gentlemen,
Dinerman, ok to remove the lining, but is it safe? The other side of the felt has to be ok .

J.M

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
They're just stuck in with a hot glue gun or something. You can yerk 'em right out....often they're not glued in real well anyway, and they can just about fall out!

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you buy from a company like hatsdirect you can request to have the liner added or removed.
Johnny

Achille

Familiar Face
johnnycanuck said:
If you buy from a company like hatsdirect you can request to have the liner added or removed.
Johnny

Thanks Johnny that's a very good idea. I will ask for a no liner hat next time (soon:D ).

J.M.

MattJH

One Too Many
Both of my Akubra Casuals (Carbon Grey and Regency Fawn) and my Akubra Traveller (Regency Fawn) are unlined.

My Cattleman (Acorn Fawn) and Federation (Carbon Grey) are both lined.

I have a Stylemaster (Moonstone Grey) and Sydney Fedora (Tanbark Brown) on the way. I'm assuming both will be lined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy